Used 1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1992 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

lov my fox
By luis

1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

ive had my mustang for 3 years and so far its the best car ive ever had..not to metion i yust 2 have a 99 z28 my father owns a 96 corvette and we also have a 73 chevelle laguna and out of all those i prefer my fox even after all the abuse that engine takes form my heavy foot it yust wont give out day after day winter after winter its always started every single time i mean seriously lol

Favorite Features

the color ultra-blue metallic and yust about everything else

Great Car
By Fabrizio

1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought this '92 LX 5.0 in November. This car has been rock solid. Everyone notices a nice body. The T5 is a good tranny but I would recommend a Tremec for any hard drivers. The 5.0 will throw you back into your seat. With a 2.73 rear end I manage to get about 21 mpg combined driving and I've gotten up to 26 mpg on a 600 mile trip. Not a performance gear but good for a daily driver.

Favorite Features

V8, exhaust, T-5, unlimited aftermarket, torque!

Suggested Improvements

Good tires are a must. I've only gone 12,000 miles and I've already gone through a set and a half of tires. Steering wheel shakes at high speeds.

Good Fun Car
By timocephusIII

1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought this Mustang a few years ago. It has brought me years of driving pleasure, I wouldn't dream of parting with it. The fuel pump went out a few months after purchasing it but other than that the car has been flawless.

Favorite Features

The v8 is my favorite feature.

Suggested Improvements

I replaced the factory stereo within a month. I am a big audiophile and can't stand factory stereo systems.

LX 5.0 Hatchback
By Nelson Figueroa

1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

Bought very good conditions. Rear is too light, I spun once. Now, I buy Traction AA tires. Although, seat is uncomfortable and interiors are somewhat cheap detailed, it is a fun car to drive. Very strong engine. Brakes do not match the power this vehicle has. The 1992 Ford 302 cid / 5.0 engine is very reliable with all cast iron w/ forged pistons! T-5 Stnd Trans is not that strong if you are a "Power User". TREMEC 3550 trans is a very good replacement, though. Also, there are plenty of diff types of replacement parts for this car OEM and aftermarket.

Favorite Features

It's price is reasonable. Engine's power. And, 2nd Gear! :)

Suggested Improvements

Braking and interior design.

Awesome ,afordable, fun
By Bigpapa

1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my 1992 5.0L mustang for 5 years know and I have yet to have any mechanical problem except for a blown fuse. My parents Mercedes adn toyota 4- runner had more problems then my stang. Besides the lack of putting extra money in this vechile i's a blast to drive and anybody who has owned a Mustang know anybody else who owns one will give you props or a head nod when you drive around them. (Mustang Love) Anyway I just wanted to say I love my Mustang and you will Love your too!!!

Favorite Features

302 C.I.D. Engine (5.0L) Exhaust Note (unique) Cruise,tlit,power everything

Suggested Improvements

As the car get older you will hear a little more road noise and window seals will leak when in the car wash.