Used 1992 Ford Mustang GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My Dream Car
By atk374

1992 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

Had to wait 14 years to find my dream car but this is it. I wanted one when I graduated HS in '92 now I found one with 58,000 miles and in perfect condition. Great American car.

Power, looks.

Build quality.

One great ride
By WPW

1992 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

If there ever was a car that made me say, "Damn, that's nice," this is it! I was so "in love", my wife and I bought the car in Phoenix and drove it home to Oklahoma City. Its been my baby ever since. I was surprised with how well made this car was, being a convertable with only minor few rattles. Also, being a five-speed sure boosts the "fun factor" through the roof!

Triple black with nice comfort goodies (a/c, leather, power seats, windows, etc), all these features make this a more civilized muscle car then the 60's & 70's era. Super torque off the line is also killer.

Maybe better fuel economy, but then again, you're not buying this car for economical reasons.

Fun in the sun
By WP

1992 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

There are fewer joys in this world better than dropping the top down on any convertable. But you drop the top on a GT and its go time!! With all of the after market goodies you can buy, I recommend this car to anyone who wants a great car with loads of upgrade potential, or even leave it stock or near-stock and still have a kick ass good time!

5 speed. Great lines, in my opinion the best looking Mustang ever produced.

1992 Mustang 2DR GT Convertible
By Paul Beaty

1992 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

This was my wife's car - driven by her from 92 thru 97 when she leades a Nissan Maxima. We liked the car so much we have kept it but now on;y drive it several times per year. This one owner car has 56,000 actual miles and all service has been done at Palm Springs Motors.

My favorite features are the power and the convertible style. This cay moves when you want it to.

I have had the seats reupholstered but it needs a new top.

Fast and Beautiful
By speed racer 2

1992 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

What can i say that hasn't allready been mentioned about this great little car. For starters, in it's time it was the best bang for the buck, and still is ( have you read about the 03 cobra !!). Combnation of V8 pwr. and 5 spd. trans. makes this a FUN CAR TO DRIVE. Put the top down and you have instant bliss.Fox body style ending in 93 is by far the most sought after body with Mustang junkies.Seat of the pants excleration on tap, matched with respectalbe handling makes this a sleeper of a car at the track and the red light. I f your looking for import style. and ride this is not the car for you. If flat out hrs. pwr. is your styly at a blue colar buget that look no farther !

Many bolt on go fast goodies ! Can pick one up rather cheap and build to a mean street car with sexy looks. PRICLESS 5.0 engine with 5 spd. Power top, GT pkg. A bread of car that has national clubs and loyal members where ever you go.

Better finish standard for it's time. current models have improved since then. Get rid of the non-functional side scoops. Less cosmetics and more goodies under the hood. Ex. 03 COBRA. Better supporting seats for aggrasive driving.