1990 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: So far, so good!

1990 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback (5.0L V8 5-speed Manual)

So far, so good!
By FMSk8erGurl on

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I've only had my 5.0 for about a week or so, but so far I've had no problems (except that I need tires lol). I went from a brand new '02 VW Jetta that went in for repairs 6 times in the year that I owned it to my 1990 Stang. I loved my Jetta, but I couldn't handle paying $340 a month for a car that broke down every 8 weeks or so. My boyfriend has an '84 GT, and I love driving it, so when I came across mine, I had to get it. It's fun to drive (despite popular belief, not just in a straight line either), fun and easy to work on, and it's fast, pure American Muscle :o)

The ooomph that comes from the peddle all the way on the right...and the very nice grumble that comes from the pipes in the back :o)

Smaller turning radius!!! Power lock actuater is broken, seems to be a very common problem, also the latch on the hatch on both of our mustangs is broken and won't close without being slammed REALLY hard. Gas mileage, but what do you expect from a 5 litre V8?