300k '90 Stang
By Tiger90Stang on
1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback
I purchased this car in 11/93 when it only had 35k miles on it. It was well taken care of and most likely driven by a non muscle car enthusiast. That was until I got a hold of it. Now it's 13 years later and less than 3k miles from 300k. Yes! Original 300,000 miles (proof with receipts).There has been NOTHING done to the engine or transmission. The only items replaced was the normal wear and tear items like alternator, brakes, tires, fuel pump, heater core, lock actuators, passenger window motor gear, struts and a recalled ECM. This car has been MORE than what I thought I'd ever get out of a muscle car. It had great acceleration (100k ago) & still rides as smooth as new. A GREAT investment!
Favorite Features
I think the best feature on this car is the fact it has lasted as long as 300,000 + miles with nothing major breaking in the car. Amazing! In its earlier days the acceleration was great and the ride is still smooth. High speed cornering is great. Sticks to the road. VERY fun to drive!
Suggested Improvements
Transmission shifting from 3rd to OD jerky and loud (can be fixed with minor intake work), lock actuators (replaced 3 times already) and better braking. A/C could be colder in my opinion. Composite headlights get dull to0 quick and the EGR valve is ALWAYS going bad.