1990 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews 2

1990 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Everyone should own one
By Paul on 02/10/06 23:37 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the best car I've ever had. I bought the car with 50,000 miles on it and it now has 147,000 miles on it and I've only had the alternator replaced, exhaust and lower balljoints. When you buy one make sure you have enough money to buy tires.

Excellent Value for an American Classic
By Massarian on 12/31/04 09:20 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

What is there left to say about the Mustang that countless magazines and newspaper articles haven't. It is the definitive American icon. A muscle car that has captured the hearts and minds of the American people and won't let go. The 1990 Mustang is a great all around car whose current prices are hard to pass up. With the legendary 302 in the engine bay this car is a force to be reckoned with. Its light weight give it a distinct advantage over modern muscle. Another great feature of this car is the great aftermarket availiability. Over all a well maintained Mustang is very reliable and fun to drive. Take a test drive and you'll be singing it's praises too.

My mustang
By HockeyJAM2006 on 09/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Hatchback

sweet car. needs more power.

Love My Car
By sds1433 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I have been driving this car for years now and the only time it is serviced is for oil changes and tune ups. For eight years of driving and 126,000 miles I couldn't ask for a more reliable automobile!!! Never had any problem with the convertible top either. Still does not leak.

quarter mile monster
By fastashell on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

This car offers such a wide variety of after market parts, you can tune it as you like. If you want a 11 second steet car, or a 7 second quarter mile monster this car is a good place to start. This car does need a brake upgrade a few minor suspesion mods, and if you add a little power you'll be showin the vetts your tail lights!!

Mustang LX
By william Berkeley on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Hatchback

For being a little 4 cylinder it has quite a bit power.

So far, so good!
By FMSk8erGurl on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I've only had my 5.0 for about a week or so, but so far I've had no problems (except that I need tires lol). I went from a brand new '02 VW Jetta that went in for repairs 6 times in the year that I owned it to my 1990 Stang. I loved my Jetta, but I couldn't handle paying $340 a month for a car that broke down every 8 weeks or so. My boyfriend has an '84 GT, and I love driving it, so when I came across mine, I had to get it. It's fun to drive (despite popular belief, not just in a straight line either), fun and easy to work on, and it's fast, pure American Muscle :o)

Fun but not Comfortable
By SpeedOne on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

This is a great car to drive short distances, but the poor suspension and lack of good seats make long drives difficult. The sound system is good, but you can't hear it without blasting when you drive over 45 miles per hour (and in this car, the fun begins much faster than that!).

Hawaii 5.0
By TKISDMAN on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Hatchback

I can't believe that Edmunds lists the Mustang at the price it does when it is a great car, plenty of power, and has NEVER broken down on me. The only thing I worry about with the car is driving on snow.....then it's a sled. But then again, who else is gonna wanna drive a high performance car on ice?

Must buy a Mustang 5.0 LX
By MustangLX on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 2dr Coupe

My car is a dark green, 1990 Mustang 5.0 LX. The engine was built by Budd Moore Racing, and it looks and sounds very nice. About one month after I bought my car, my transmission started messing up. When the transmission went bad, I had Greenville Transmission Clinic in SC rebuild it. All in all, it cost me $1,411.30. Now the AOD has been rebuilt w/ a high-performance rebuild kit, new torque converter. Now I love driving my green coupe around town barking gears (I have spun my wheels when shifting around 40 mph). Specs: HP: 300+ (not had it dynotested yet) Mileage: under 70k Weight: around 2800k I think