1990 Ford Mustang Convertible Consumer Reviews

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Noisy top
By mustang_1990 on 05/22/11 14:51 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

The convertible frame it rattles as the car gets into bumpy roads. I know it is a 21 y/o car, but is there something I can do without getting the whole frame replaced?

5.0
By isaias5885 on 02/12/09 19:17 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 2dr Convertible

This was supposed to my project car. I own a 2005 Scion Tc also. Since I bought the Mustang I haven't driven the Tc. This 5.0 is amazing. Just a full tune up and I was having the time of my life. I'm never selling this car.

Mostly bark and little bite
By streets on 01/08/09 17:51 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

We've owned this car for over 15 years and despite the great expense and poor performance, my husband wouldn't get rid of it until a truck totaled it while parked (thank you truck driver). Very loud car. Due to the convertible pillars, vision was lousy. The car could not drive in any little bit of snow, and was even pretty unsafe in the rain. We experienced the overall quality of early 1990's Ford cars, which is to say expensive to maintain with many quality control issues.

My toy
By Gene on 02/22/07 18:27 PM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

Bought new and kept that way with less than 35,000 miles on Jan 1 2007. Expect to maintain new status at least 15 more years. Driven by a now 'age- challenged' man, never wrecked nor even scratched. Style lines very much reminiscent of 66 / 67 Mustang. Elegant and functional. Next outing Easter, then the July 4 parade (as usual). I fight off the offers for the car. After all it's not broken in good - yet. All its original parts still produce the Mustang sound. They hear me coming!

Love My Car
By sds1433 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

I have been driving this car for years now and the only time it is serviced is for oil changes and tune ups. For eight years of driving and 126,000 miles I couldn't ask for a more reliable automobile!!! Never had any problem with the convertible top either. Still does not leak.

Fun but not Comfortable
By SpeedOne on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible LX 5.0 2dr Convertible

This is a great car to drive short distances, but the poor suspension and lack of good seats make long drives difficult. The sound system is good, but you can't hear it without blasting when you drive over 45 miles per hour (and in this car, the fun begins much faster than that!).

m
By woody on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang Convertible GT 2dr Convertible

it is an excellent car with precision handling and a real nice sounding engine, very comfortable

m
By Woody on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)