1990 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Good Car
By Dan on 08/30/06 09:52 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

No major problems in 108k miles. Even with the v8 it was a bit underpowered compared to modern performance cars. Traction was extremely poor in snow. Seats were comfortable and controls easy to use. Tire selection was limited for the standard rims. Fuel economy could be better. Exterior design was dated, even at the time.

300k '90 Stang
By Tiger90Stang on 07/25/06 13:50 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I purchased this car in 11/93 when it only had 35k miles on it. It was well taken care of and most likely driven by a non muscle car enthusiast. That was until I got a hold of it. Now it's 13 years later and less than 3k miles from 300k. Yes! Original 300,000 miles (proof with receipts).There has been NOTHING done to the engine or transmission. The only items replaced was the normal wear and tear items like alternator, brakes, tires, fuel pump, heater core, lock actuators, passenger window motor gear, struts and a recalled ECM. This car has been MORE than what I thought I'd ever get out of a muscle car. It had great acceleration (100k ago) & still rides as smooth as new. A GREAT investment!

So far, so good!
By FMSk8erGurl on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I've only had my 5.0 for about a week or so, but so far I've had no problems (except that I need tires lol). I went from a brand new '02 VW Jetta that went in for repairs 6 times in the year that I owned it to my 1990 Stang. I loved my Jetta, but I couldn't handle paying $340 a month for a car that broke down every 8 weeks or so. My boyfriend has an '84 GT, and I love driving it, so when I came across mine, I had to get it. It's fun to drive (despite popular belief, not just in a straight line either), fun and easy to work on, and it's fast, pure American Muscle :o)

fox body fun
By ed302 on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Mustang in '98 with 68K on it. In the 4-5 years I have owned it, I have not had to do too much major stuff. A new AOD at 104K, a water pump at 120K, heater core at 120 also, and an alternator at 150K (just this morning in fact). If you are a Mustang fan you will know the lifespan of these parts and know when to change them (and there is a good chance you know how to do it yourself). Incredible bang for your buck ratio as with any 5.0 pony.