1990 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
For fun
By mustangfreak on 07/28/08 14:15 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

I've had my Mustang for a few years now. It's one of the most reliable vechiles I own. The performance is incredible. If you plan on getting a Mustang a 5.0 or a 4.6 or even the old 3.8 just plan on having money for a few things (tires and clutches.) I only put about 7,000 miles since I bought it and I'm due for a second set of rubbers and a new clutch.

Stay away from the 4cyl
By Crase on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

I bought my mustang with over 100,000 miles on it, and it has been a great car. When something does break, it is easy to work on and parts are easy to find. When looking for a Mustang to buy, go with the 5 speed, 5.0 litre coupe. The automatic has problems, as does the convertible's top.

Better skip the automatic!
By I_Work_For_Ford! on 07/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

I had a nice 5.0 Mustang... except the automatic transmission failed at 50,000 miles. Dealership told me it was out of warranty, so I was out of luck. $1500.00 later, I had a rebuilt transmission. Except for that and a problem with stalling (TFI ignition module) and problems with the fuel pump kicking out (impact switch in trunk) and problems with leaking headlight housings (common for Ford products) and a few other problems, the car was great to drive.

Mustang LX 5.0
By rm2285 on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 2dr Coupe

Excellent vehicle. Very fun to drive. Well built, pretty fast.