1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Review: No regrets!

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Convertible - Consumer Review

No regrets!
By Burney on

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

I recently purchased this Cobra after 5 months of researching for the combination I wanted. (Low mileage, minimal owners, flawless service history, all stock, convertible) I found this car with 13,500 all original miles on it. It was garaged for the majority of its life, driven only occasionally, left completely stock, used with only full synthetic fluids, and well taken care of. When I first test drove the car I was floored by it's power and had to reteach myself to drive the manual transmission to be able to handle it all! I bought this car and modified it for better performance (not that it needed it) Very dependable, lots of power, great handling

Fairly rare production numbers, independent rear suspension, hand- built monster of an engine, dohc, traction control button, low maintenance, head turner, easy-to- operate convertible top, It is so fun to drive that I often take it out for a spin for no reason.

I wish they would have used forged rods and pistons and more daring camshafts. I'm not a fan of the front seat style, and would have preferred it to be a two-seater.