1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Review: Easy to own muscle car

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Easy to own muscle car
By GreyTabby on

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

My Cobra has been basically trouble-free. The only problems I had were covered under warranty. I am the original owner of my car, and have put 60,000 trouble free miles on it. This is my first stick shift. The car is very easy to drive. This is a great car for learning stick shift on. My original clutch is still going strong. It handles pretty well in slippery conditions. I really like the traction control. If you are a timid driver like me, this car is a god send. It totally takes care of you.

I really like the styling of the exterior. It is also nice that the back seats fold down, so i can haul trees in my car if, all of a sudden, I need to buy a big plant at the nursery.

It needs more torque for passing. Also, the radio, heating and cooling controllers are cumbersome. You have to take your eyes off the road to put a cd in. Put radio controls on the steering wheel. It needs a CD changer, and MP3 capability. A GPS and radar detector would be nice for long trips.