1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Review: 1999 Cobra # 60 of 4040

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Review

1999 Cobra # 60 of 4040
By jmcrawford on

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Bought this car as a College graduation gift for myself. It is my baby never seen rain / or snow in the time that I have owned it. Bought the car with 28K on it and now has 47. I only drive this car when I want, fun to drive and still get complements wherever I go. Gas mileage is great for what the car is. Paint is good for a Ford product. Awesome brakes and predictable road manners. No major issues with the car other than an A/C pressure switch. I lowered mine and changed the exhaust from heads to the tail pipes. Stock shifter was awful felt like I was rowing a boat. Cannot beat the sound of a American V8, tons of power above 3000 rpm.

Hand built V8. I like owning a piece of history. Great body lines and paint. Lots power and kind of rare. Like the front bumper, rear taillights, Independent Rear Suspension and breaks. Good sound system Mach 460 need it to hear over the growl of the V8.

The front seats are sub-par, poor leather quality, and interior plastic is cheap feeling and poor fitment. Stock shifter is awful and transmission should be smother and a six speed. Stock ride height is too high looks like it could go off road.