1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:
1999 Cobra # 60 of 4040
By jmcrawford on 06/07/10 11:54 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Bought this car as a College graduation gift for myself. It is my baby never seen rain / or snow in the time that I have owned it. Bought the car with 28K on it and now has 47. I only drive this car when I want, fun to drive and still get complements wherever I go. Gas mileage is great for what the car is. Paint is good for a Ford product. Awesome brakes and predictable road manners. No major issues with the car other than an A/C pressure switch. I lowered mine and changed the exhaust from heads to the tail pipes. Stock shifter was awful felt like I was rowing a boat. Cannot beat the sound of a American V8, tons of power above 3000 rpm.

Still Looks Good
By JMCRAWFORD on 06/04/10 08:29 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Great car bought it with 28000 miles in 05. Have only had a single problem. Insurance is cheep. With the recall and short production run. Haggerty considers it an exotic. (99 cobra only $500 year full coverage) Now has 47,000 only issue that I have had is AC pressure switch. Fixed it my self for $50. Stock shifter was junk and replaced that. Stops on a dime great brakes. Good gas mileage for what it is (If you want good gas mileage get a Honda)

Pure protected fun
By HunterMiles on 01/16/10 18:09 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

crashed into multiple trees going +80mph when i lost control of car, didnt have a scratch on me, car was totaled tho :(

Fantastico.
By Eddie Rodriguez on 08/17/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Love the way the svt handles & performs. Would love to drive it @ autobhone. Above 4000 rpm is a different animal. With only an intake & exaust was dynoed by uti/Orlando @ 298.75 hp & 298.32tq @ whl. With a set of pulstar plugs & synthetic fluids it is putting out 315 to 320whl. Getting 20 to 21 mpg in town & 25 to 27 mpg/hwy. But have to admit that is keeping rpm Bellow 3000 & using octane boost. Went to 18'mags from Ford gt.

Kelly Green
By shurur on 06/02/09 14:03 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Kelly is quick, reliable and gets looks everywhere she goes. I am so happy she lets me be with her. OK I bought the car used (48K) and drove her up from AL to NH. Throwout bearing was bad; so she was broken in a beautiful way. I had an AL flywheel, clutch and pro5.0 shifter installed, and have never looked back since. Never any buyers remorse. Performance is 8 only because she is not a "supercar" and "only a pony car," but proper aftermarket mods can change that in a hurry.

Awesome Muscle Car
By Big D on 04/12/09 11:56 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I am the original owner of this car, and can tell you after 10 years, its still an awesome car. The balance/handling is superb with the IRS. We take it to the SVT on-track events every chance we get, and its always a blast to drive. My kids can't wait for me to pass it on to them, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

No regrets!
By Burney on 11/17/08 08:19 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

I recently purchased this Cobra after 5 months of researching for the combination I wanted. (Low mileage, minimal owners, flawless service history, all stock, convertible) I found this car with 13,500 all original miles on it. It was garaged for the majority of its life, driven only occasionally, left completely stock, used with only full synthetic fluids, and well taken care of. When I first test drove the car I was floored by it's power and had to reteach myself to drive the manual transmission to be able to handle it all! I bought this car and modified it for better performance (not that it needed it) Very dependable, lots of power, great handling

Fast, but not fun.
By punkndisorderly on 06/01/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Purchased mine used with about 4,800 miles on the odometer. It's at about 48,000 now. It's a blast to drive on the interstate or if you're smoking the tires at a light. Otherwise it rides like a log truck. It handles like a Grand Marquis around town. The build quality stinks. Lots of cheap plastic bits that creak and groan. So far I've had driver and passenger side windows and actuators and motors replaced, idler arm, a/c lines, headlights (became so hazy they turned white), rubber trim around front and back windsheild (peeled back) replaced. Suspension creaks and groans. It's great for what it is: an $18,000 car with $12,000 in engine, suspension, and brakes put on.

1999 SVT
By Michael Margareci on 06/03/06 09:50 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I can not believe that this car is 7 years old and yet I still enjoy driving it every summer. Honestly it is by far the most trouble free sports car I have ever owned. I would highly recommend Ford’s SVT’s products to anyone considering purchasing a high horsepower fun car. Make no mistake this car is scary fast in stock form and like any vehicle that makes over 300 hp it must be treated with respect. Ford’s hand built 32 valve motor is a joy to wring out and let stretch it legs. Mustang SVT’s are a blank canvas that every owner can and should modify to their own unique taste. Just drive one and you will not be disappointed.

Cobra
By John Iskat on 12/30/05 15:58 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

This has been the most fun car I've ever owned. Despite being 6 years old, I've not had any problems with it, and am impressed with the quality. Fuel economy is good for a 'muscle' car/sports car. It hits 60 in 5.4 sec. and has a top speed of 150. It is at the top of the heap of upscale sports cars, outperforming the BMW Z4, Honda S2000, Nissan 350Z and Porsche Boxster to name a few. As a somewhat rare model, it is very underrated.