The Dark Knight
By Rick on
1998 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible
My 1998 SVT Mustang Cobra is an absolute "time machine". When I slide in behind the FR500 steering wheel and fire up that SVT motor the sound just is incredible, like no other. Suddenly I am eighteen again, not sixty. A Cobra has a very unique exhaust tone. Put the convertible top down and it is even sweeter. My SVT Cobra has been modified, balanced and blue printed with select aftermarket and FRPP parts that churn out six hundred horsepower. My Cobra is #2931 of 3480 made that year and I have all the documentation, including the original window sticker, owners manual, etc. My wife, children and grandkids love this Cobra about as much as I do. Love my Dark Knight!!
Favorite Features
Tire shredding power and spot on handling due to the suspension changes I have had made. It is currently set up for road racing. What a rush!! Great collector car and head-turner wherever we go.
Suggested Improvements
The transmission hates to be "speed shifted" and gives you a noticeable grind to show it's displeasure. Stock clutch was a little weak for hard service driving. The long tube headers, high flow cats and Flowmaster system really helps to uncork the beast within.