1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:
Fun 2nd car
By labethel on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

While fun to drive, the stiff suspension makes this car jerk around the road while traversing the normal bumps and lumps in city driving. Performamnce is good otherwise.

Cobra Rocks
By Billy Bud on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Excellent Sports Car. Fun Fun Fun! Only thing you have to do is put 4:10 rear gears in this car. Makes it a totally different car.This car is worth every penny more than the GT Mustang. And it holds good resale value

1997 SVT Cobra (Rio Red)
By TxBlueStreak on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

This car is a blast to drive but now I want MORE ponies out of it. It's powerful yet VERY streetable. The only real problem I have to say is that it is undergeared. It needs 4.10's out back to make ME happy but I don't mind saving gas for now. 305 horses is fun, stable as a MoFo in corners, gets the looks...so what more can u ask for...except MORE horses!? =) Best of all, even when it's sitting still people gaze at it and compliment it because owning a Cobra is elite. Everybody and their dog goes and buys a Z28 so they are not special, there is just something about Cobras and their owners. Go get you ANY year Cobra and you'll see what I mean! =)

snake bitten
By CAV on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CARS I HAVE OWNED (15 TOTAL ) THE PERFORMANCE IS NICE, THE INSIDE IS PERFECT, THE ONLY DRAW BACK IS THE TRANNY.FORD SHOULD HAVE BUILT A BETTER TRANNY, MINE JUST BROKE AFTER ONLY 44K MILES ON HER (1997 COBRA)I FIND THIS UNEXCEPTABLE ! THE REST OF THE CAR IS GREAT. SURELY NOT A FAMILY CAR , THAT IS WHY I AM SELLING HER.

Thank god for extended warranties!
By Teri on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

This car has been fun and is a very comfortable drive but have had aprx $3300 worth of work done to it that luckily was covered under the extended warranty. No engine problems, has always been a strong running car but have had a few rear end problems. Starting the creek and make noises again. : /