1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Consumer Reviews

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang SVT Cobra model:
Soon to be a classic
By JBrown on 12/03/04 19:29 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

I purchased my 96 cobra with 36000 miles on it in 2003 and have loved every min. What a value. My first mustang was a 2000 GT which I had a blast with but kept looking at the 96- 98 cobra and I had to have one. In my opinion this car has one of the greatest sounding engines of all time. i have done a few mods: 1.lowering springs (a must, stock it looks like a 4X4) 2. caster camber plates (to get correct alignment) 3.mac mufflers. With just a few mods the car looks and sounds great.

1996 cobra coupe
By Ryan's on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Wow...what a bang for the buck..high performance without breaking the bank. I love the ride, the sounds and the acceleration...what a car. Great toy but not made to be driven in bad weather, rain or snow.

By matt7571 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

we bought this car as a fund car & investment. The car is only used in the sumemr and we have enjoyed it a great deal. The 96 to 98 cobra's have always had a place in my heart and the car still tuns heads, even though it is getting a few years on it.

STANG
By COBRA96 on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

Drives well. I also love the durabilty of the leather seats. Only had minor problems. Way less than my Camaro.

96 Cobra Coupe
By gt5612a on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

An excellent performer, especially in a straight line, with good amenities and a sporting (harsh ride) attitude.

Too Much Fun
By cobramustang9696 on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

I bought my cobra when I had just turned 20. Let me tell you I was not prepared for the ride of my life. The car handles like a dream and takes of increablelly fast.

cobras rule
By matt m on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe

this car is great, with 305 horses at tap there is never a power shortage, the steeroing is precise and the brakes are great. The car consistantly runs high 13's at the strip (stock) and has enough power to brake the rear end loose or devastate an import any day of the week.

Ford mustang
By amadna on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I love this car

Mustang = Modify to Taste!
By Green Jackal on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used in '99 with 12k miles on it. It already had some needed modifications on it: subframe connector (strengthens car) and aftermarket shifter (improves shift feel dramatically). I had mine lowered about 2 inches and put in adjustable shocks. Handeling improved dramatically. I hated the stock spongy feeling suspension. Since I do have a convertible I do have some squeaking over uneven pavement. The best thing about Mustangs are the HUGE aftermarket for parts. This makes replacement parts cheap and usually better quality than the originals. You can customize these cars to your own personal tastes for far less than most cars.

Good Bang for the Buck
By LillBuddy on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Convertible

Other than an annoying brake related squeek, the car has been great. What better combination of power, fun, and looks can you get for the money?? I've had the car 7+ years with a whopping total of 4,800 miles.