Used 1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LTD Crown Victoria model:

Most Comfortable Car Ever
By wspringer

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon Country Squire LX 4dr Wagon

This is THE most comfortable car I have ever driven. Sure it is old, but it still has great build quality. There is almost no plastic on it. Nearly everything is metal and chrome. The front bench seat is like a couch, and the velour upholstery is very comfortable. It is also a reliable vehicle; I have never had it not start. The V8 has pretty good power, and it goes well in the snow for being rear-wheel drive. There is plenty of room inside for the family, or for cargo if you fold the seats down. This is the best car ever made.

The large size (even though it is hard to park at times), the woodgrain trim, the metal / chrome construction, velour seats, large cargo volume, 5.0 V8 engine, sheer comfort

Can't think of any!

The Blue Beast
By loscroce

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

Complete pleasure to drive. Storage is unbelievable. It can handle anything I throw at it. Who needs a pickup when this car serves all needs.

Storage. Used it recently on a vacation to Cape Cod. Put a clamshell on top and was able to carry all the grandkids stuff, along with them in two car seats and still were comfortable. Better yet the grandkids love this car.

Better ani-sway properties when rounding curves. Rear Disc brakes. A few more HP.

Original Owner
By Jimmy

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I ordered my 1991 LX wagon February of 1990, because Ford was no longer building the 1990 model year. I took delivery on May 30, 1990. I am the original owner and the car has been primally used for family vacations, first towing a 16-foot camping trailer and now a 24-foot travel trailer. The car was ordered with factory towing package and has more than 40,000 miles towing. The car is still original, having replaced only the transmission output seal, power steering pump seal, fan clutch, and premium sound radio since purchased new. Regular service has been performed per the owners manual. The car is very comfortable, quite and power is adequate whether towing or driving solo.

Seats, body on frame construction, trailer towing capability, good fuel economy. The car is much more satisfying to drive than an SUV because it sits low to the ground and handling feels solid for a large car on full frame.

Larger radiator, antilock brakes, brighter head lamps.

My Vic is Awesome
By Brian

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon LX 4dr Wagon

I purchased my Crown Victoria in 2000 for $500. I can't remeber the actual original mileage, but it was high. I still own this car today, with over 250,000 miles on it. I have done everything in this car, to include towing and it has never let me down. I am ready to put a new transmission and a rebuilt engine into this wonderful vehicle, and have it repainted. That is how much I have enjoyed this car!

Roomy, comfortable seating, large cargo area, engine power, towing features

Paint, better power window motors, larger exterior mirrors

A nice riding wagon
By Fish

1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Wagon 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car in 1999 with 80,000 miles and have since put on 100,000 miles. The car has a great ride and there is room for 8 passengers with the third row seat. There is volumes of room with the second row seat folded down. Fuel economy is good and I average 17 to 20 mpg with all around driving. My only complaint with this car is the electrical system. Almost all interior electrical items do not work or had to be repaired. That includes the heater blower fan, passenger side power window and tailgate power window, fuel, and temperture guages and power seat.

Awesome ride and lots of room for passengers and gear

A better electrical system!