1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LTD Crown Victoria model:
Great Car
By Annette on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Got my Crn Vic at one yr old. Have had it 20 yrs. Rebuilt engine once. Two paint jobs-currently still good. Cloth/suede upholstery top notch, wears like iron, cleans nicely, though it's gotten wet, near smells musty. Have rebuilt A/C two times. Always worth it in New Orleans. Best ride for bad roads with tons of hazards. Feel safe and handles very well on highway. (Maybe not a perfect as a Mercedes, but good for me) Engine powerful enough for all emergencies. Never had any trouble with tranny. Having trouble getting a bumper filler for front end repair...not many of these cars available at salvage yard (something about a Bird's Nest in China?) Will keep til eff. vehicles available.

Highly Dependable
By Bert on 03/22/09 22:07 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased from a retired Ford salesman, was a detecives car. Replaced valve cover seals, intake gasket, flushed tranny, no surprises there due to the age has nearly 180K on it. Ride is excellent, handling is tight, loads of horses from the 5.0, overall a fantastic vehicle and definitely a head turner when its waxed. Engine runs as sweet as a nut with Valvoline Maxlife and a K-N Air Filter. As usual of Fords larger sedans a great car to drive!

Need a project car? Are a mechanic?
By Chris on 06/17/06 18:30 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Replaced: gas tank (2 times); starter; water pump; whole drivetrain; most AC parts; complete set of brakes; engine needs replacement - will drive until blows. Thought, the police drive it - so it ought to actually be a pretty reliable one. Not so! It's a pleasure to drive, passively safe and very comfortable - but forget about reliability. Bought it from elderly folks with just some body blemishes for $2200. Paid so far $4000+ since all of the times I thought that I already invested too much to quit now. However now that the engine has to be replaced (estimate $3000) I'll store it and take it as my project car to drive when I'm a grandfather and won't need reliable transportation anymore.

An All American Classic
By Dig it on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Got it from my folks. 146K on the od. this is a beautiful vehicle and runs perfect.

But it needs a new motor
By MainsAreGone on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

At 98,000 miles the mains are bad on this car. Will need to replace the motor if I keep it. The clear coat is peeling off the hood. The O rings on the air conditioner leaked freon and was expensive to fix. The climate control was expensive to fix. The car always started and run well. The ride is comfortable and handles well. But, the last time I had to make a sudden stop, the back end fish tailed. Until recently, the motor was excellent.