2005 Ford GT 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - The Real Deal

2005 Ford GT - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

The Real Deal
By Joe Torrisi on

2005 Ford GT 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am blessed enough to have both an 06 Z-06 Corvette and a Ford GT in my fleet this year. The two cars are very similar in performance numbers. The way I separate them is I consider the Ford GT the "Indy Car". Sharing the same mid engine platform and the same rear transaxle as the Indy race cars, the GT performs & handles like an Indy Car. At a top speed of over 200 MPH, 0 to 60 in less than 3.5 seconds and the best high speed handling of any car I have ever driven (once the tires are warm), it is an Indy Car for the street. My Z-06, with 505 HP, is my Nascar. Front engine rear wheel drive performance that matches the GT, but with a little less high speed confidence. Love em both!

Favorite Features

Speed. Fast, handles great after the tires warm up. Incredible stereo, incredible car. Sounds like the Batmobile with the supercharger whining less than 6 inches from your ear. My friends tell me it's a lot of fun to follow me around as the car sounds great and lights up the tires with every shift.

Suggested Improvements

This car has no electronic stability controls like an F350 or Z06. A lot of people are going to crash this car by spinning the rear wheels, especially when the tires are cold.