2005 Ford GT Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 Supercharger 6-speed Manual - (39 reviews )
Owning the Ford GT
By Tim Howard on 09/05/07 01:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I have been restoring and collecting classic cars for over 25 years, and I have never driven anything as exciting and enjoyable as the new Ford GT. Even my Best of Show Winning 1967 Shelby GT350 does not compare to the feel and presence of this Ford Supercar. It is, without question, the most capable and enjoyable car on the market today. Even my Corvette friends are envious of the GT's capabilities and ease of handling. It is simply one of the fastest cars in the world at any price.

Fast and Fun
By David Arthur on 08/26/07 12:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Car is very fast and handles like a race car. It will fishtail if pushed but is very controlable at all speeds. It gets very good fuel mileage, over 20 mpg at highway speeds, approx 85 mph. We live in AZ. At 85 in 6th gear its turning 2000 rpm. Very smooth power with lots of torque, will accerate in any gear from just over 1000 rpm. A little hard to get in and out but once in a real pleasure yo drive at any speed and a true rocket ship.

Superior to my Ferrari in Every Catagory
By David on 03/19/07 22:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I purchased a slightly damaged GT with 1400 actual miles, and had Saleen redo the damaged front end with perfection with replacement parts on the paint line prior to closing. It is fast, reliable, and solid compared to all my other sports cars including BMW 8 Series and Ferrari TR512. Neck snaps back with the push of the pedal and you pray not to see the rear end in the windshield. Almost spun out of control several times...seems there are many wrecks in the first 1500 miles...right when the drivers feels comfortable in the car and pushes the envelope. The car starts more conversations and is the source for many to take photos while driving by. Draws crowds wherever parked. Love It!

A true master piece
By tony aalam on 01/18/07 10:49 AM (PST)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Words alone can not describe how good this car really is. All i can say is that I have been racing cars since the late 80's and nothing comes close to the FORD GT. I'm also a proud owner of Ferrari 575 and just sold my Lambo Gallardo. Without disrespecting its competitors I can say that the FORD GT is a class of it's own. A real driver's car.

Best car I have ever owned.
By SurfnUSA on 12/24/06 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Instant celebrity status while driving the car like no other I have owned (over 250). Runs the quarter in 11.5 @ 128, top end of 210 (track only). It costs more than twice as much as a performance comparable Z06 but twice the looks and curbside appeal. Total build is 4038, 300 totaled to date. Will increase in value as years go by and the number on the road are reduced. As of this post, only 50-75 are still on the dealer's floor. After they are gone, no new ones will ever be available again. A new one will never be cheaper. My children will inherit a wonderful classic.

More fun than imagined...
By BL on 06/01/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

An absolutely awesome example of beautiful kinetic sculpture. More fun than I ever imagined it would be to drive. Better than 10% improved performance on the Bondurant High Performance Driving School autocross times than their Corvette Z06. Baggage capacity stinks but works for the overnight trip.

The Real Deal
By Joe Torrisi on 04/01/06 17:25 PM (PST)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

I am blessed enough to have both an 06 Z-06 Corvette and a Ford GT in my fleet this year. The two cars are very similar in performance numbers. The way I separate them is I consider the Ford GT the "Indy Car". Sharing the same mid engine platform and the same rear transaxle as the Indy race cars, the GT performs & handles like an Indy Car. At a top speed of over 200 MPH, 0 to 60 in less than 3.5 seconds and the best high speed handling of any car I have ever driven (once the tires are warm), it is an Indy Car for the street. My Z-06, with 505 HP, is my Nascar. Front engine rear wheel drive performance that matches the GT, but with a little less high speed confidence. Love em both!

Best money I ever spent
By KEITH on 03/13/06 19:43 PM (PST)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Anyone considering buying this car should shop extensively for the best price since some dealers are still trying to get a premium over MSRP. There are dealers who will sell at or below MSRP now. But whatever the price, don't let it keep you from buying the most fun vehicle you will ever own. The power is phenomenal, everyday driveability is wonderful and the WOW factor is unbeatable! If it has any shortcomings, they are more than compensated for in the pride and joy of ownership.

Red Ford GT
By FJP on 02/15/06 03:00 AM (PST)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

Awesome power. Tight handling, stiff suspension. Always draws comments and onlookers. Very comfortable driving position. Minimal storage space, no spare tire.

I'm still pinching myself!
By wemo on 12/23/05 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Ford GT Coupe 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl S/C 6M)

This car is truly the most fun! The performance is breathtaking, the quality is wonderful, and I luv my car. I have raced both asphalt and dirt ovals for years (including 360 sprints), and am truly impressed with this vehicle's handling and performance. I appreciate the no frills cockpit. It's all business. I have about 1200 miles so far, and keep looking for excuses to go to the store for milk.