2016 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

NOT for use on gravel roads!!!
By Kris L

2016 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is probably great if you never drive on gravel roads. Unfortunately, I drive on gravel everyday. This car sits very low to the ground. I have even had trouble with scraping the bottom on sudden rises when driving in town. On gravel, I have to be extremely careful not to drag the car when driving over ruts or potholes. Even worse, this car is very prone to getting gravel stuck in the rotors, causing a loud, irritating, screeching noise. This started for the first time when I had around 400 miles on the car. I now have less than 3000 miles on the car, and I have had this problem several times since. A week ago, it got so bad that I finally had it checked out because I was afraid there was something more wrong with the car than just a rock stuck in the rotor. I took it in to the dealer and, sure enough, there was a piece of gravel stuck in the rotor, causing the car to screech. I had the rotors cleaned, at my own expense, as the warranty wouldn't cover it. Today, one week later, I hopped in the car and guess what, it's screeching again!!! Very frustrating to have to deal with this with a brand-new car. I don't understand what it is about this car that is causing this problem. I have always driven on gravel roads daily, and I have always done so in a car this size or smaller, but have never had problems like this before. If I had known that I would be listening to this car screech before it had even had its first oil change, I would NEVER have bought it! If you live on a gravel road, keep shopping!

Great Fusion & Price
By Chris

2016 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2016 Fusion SE with tech package and 2.5 Engine. Read a lot of reviews on Fusion before buying. Looked at other cars, Hyundai, kia, Cheverolet and Nissian. Most reviewers said the 2.5 engine was under powered. Most so called pro reviwers have a lead foot. So I asked people who had one and everyone said, they have not had no problem with the 2.5 power. I also compared the 2.5 to my Escape SE with the 1.6 turbo and could only tell very little difference in power. So overall the Fusion SE with 2.5 is a great deal. Still do your research, and remember owners will always be your best source for an accurate reviews. People who do the reviews based upon a rental car, does not know the history of the car and how it has been treated. In summary, We love our Fusion SE and would buy another, if ever needed and would highly reccommened the Fusion with the 2.5 to everyone.

2016 Titanium Hybrid
By tom hirsh

2016 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my second Fusion, I had a 2007 that I put 205000 trouble free miles on. Never had a single problem with it, only routine maintenance such as oil changes, brakes twice, tires ... a few bulbs. Traded it in only because it had 200K on it and I wanted a hybrid. I have been driving the 2016 Hybrid Titanium for 7 months ans 12500 now and it am very happy with this purchase so far. The ride is very quiet and seats extremely comfortable. Voice commands work well for phone, radio, climate control, navigation etc.... Gas mileage is averaging 45.5 MPG., close to 600 mile range per fill. Highly recommended!!

New Car Should Not Have Problems
By Brian

2016 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Rented this car from Enterprise with only 8,000 miles. Was driving it on the highway when a wrench light came on and the accelerator lost all power. I could only brake and was forced to the side of the rode. I let the car sit awhile and then started it back up without any problems. Unfortunately, the exact same thing happened a day later. This car clearly has an engine problem related to the intake or gas. There is no excuse for a brand new car to have any issues, especially related to the engine. I will never purchase a Ford.

AWESOME!
By med ib

2016 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car!