2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: im MAD

2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

im MAD
By tami14 on

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just got a brand new 2014 fusion. This weekend we took her on her first trip, 200 miles down to Vriginia Beach. An hour in, the transmission slipped and sent the tachomenter racing. Took my foot off the gas to let it catch again. It kept doing this, especially on inclines. I was very scared. Then a wrench icon popped up. Great, in I95 traffic with a brand new yet screwed up car. Well, didnt do much on my vacation in fear of breaking down. Driving back I only allowed myself to go 60mph, even in a 65mph zone, because I didn't want to break down. It worked. Also when I am at a red light, the car shudders and wants to stall. This started a month ago.

I do like how it is very spacious on the inside, however the seats are a bit hard.

Better transmission. If you are going to build such a HUGE frame, give it enough power to carry it. The seats are not comfortable.
By mainelyford
on 06/30/14 06:55 AM (PDT)

I too own a 2014 Fusion with 320 miles on it, started to shudder and trying to stall, exhaust very loud, dash message that there was a problem with the Fuel Economy and to check manual, a red wrench appeared. Had it towed back to dealer. :( BUT it had a fantastic ride before that and HAD good gas mileage.

By tami14
on 08/02/14 09:30 AM (PDT)

This is Tami14. I took the car to the dealer, and after testing and code checks they found nothing. Basically treated me like it's all in my head. This past week was my breaking point. Going across an intersection controlled by a stop sign on a highway, the transmission slipped and I was almost hit by a tractor trailer. Then again going down 95 after work, coming off a buddy exit, it slipped and the car wouldn't drive and it almost caused a pile up. Today this car is going back. I have done some more online searching and found more people with this problem. This car has absolutely zero power. It's a v4 but if a v2 was possible it could be called that. I knew better than to buy a Ford. But my dad knows the dealer.