2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: One great car!

2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

One great car!
By pugman1948 on

2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2014 Ford Fusion S (2.5) in ruby red Metallic paint. Although new car search engines don't show the premium red on the S model, indeed it is available. I saved a lot over the SE but lack some of the SE bells and whistles like power front seat, and rear view camera. The only visible difference on the exterior is the rocker panels are black vinyl which works very well with the red. At 1500 miles we took a 2000 mile trip. I kept careful records of the mileage. It seems that the results were 35 mpg highway and 26 city. I was very pleased with the results with the 2.5 liter base engine. It had plenty of power driving over the mountains of West Virginia The ride is incredibly smooth.

Favorite Features

The exterior design and ruby red color are awesome. Very smooth quiet ride, great gas mileage. Plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

Raise passenger seat a little.
By jparis1
on 06/25/14 21:19 PM (PDT)

I just purchased a fusion s and love it. My only concern is that my engine occasionally gets very loud typically as when I'm at a light or in park. I'm not sure if it's a fan, intake, etc. do you have this same problem?