2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Perfect Mid-Size Sedan--Smooth

2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Perfect Mid-Size Sedan--Smooth, Quiet, Attractive
By bobof15c on

2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I LOVE my Fusion S w/ 2.5L 6spd auto. I bought this car as an everyday driver to and from work 75 mi round trip. I drive my 06 Mustang GT convertible for fun but for everything else this car is perfect and a great value, including impressing customers! Smooth, Quiet, Attractive and 175hp when I need it. I'm getting 38-41 MPG on highway, 30 in suburbs, 36 combined.

Fusion standard sound system is awesome and love the very quiet interior combined with Bluetooth phone function. 6 speed auto, 4 wheel disc, power everything, low roll resistance tires and remote/alarm are standard on Fusion S! My buddy bought the Fusion Hybrid for twice as much and is jealous I'm getting such good mileage!! Another coworker who is a Mercedes lover swears my Fusion is quieter than his C class. My BMW boss refuses to believe I got it for less than $16K internet price after Feb/military rebates.

Synch is glitchy. Auto trans seems to slightly downshift every so often when coasting at low speed.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By jparis1
on 06/25/14 21:19 PM (PDT)

I just purchased a fusion s and love it. My only concern is that my engine occasionally gets very loud typically as when I'm at a light or in park. I'm not sure if it's a fan, intake, etc. do you have this same problem?