Rented an SE 2.0 (not Titanium)
By skw0123 on
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
The 2014 Fusion was a fabulous surprise (I'm a 2010 Fusion SE owner). The ragged 3.0 V6 and balky six speed automatic on my old car made me wonder how good the Fusion new drivetrain could be, but words can hardly begin...granted I did get the top of the line engine choice, but the automatic was absolutely superb as well. The next great surprise was the ride. My old Fusion rides like a buckboard in comparison...all the other midsize car manufacturers should stop what they're doing and just copy the Fusion's setup. Handling seemed sharp even with the well-damped ride...it really is outstanding.
Favorite Features
Drivetrain and ride compliance. If these aren't the best in the midsize class, I'd be surprised. I haven't driven an Altima lately or the new Mazda 6. I'm pretty sure the Accord can't hang with the Fusion in terms of ride quality or having a quiet cabin although I haven't driven the latest Accord either. The car I was in had Sync (didn't use it). The MyFord Touch was of no special interest to me, I didn't mess with it much.
Suggested Improvements
The one sad change re: my old Fusion was visibility out of the car. Really not great, it is probably the one thing I'd really have to come to grips with in considering this car as a purchase. I don't know if it would be a showstopper for me or not, but the 2010 Fusion is excellent in this regard. The high beltline is undeniably a good looking touch but it really messes with glass area. I had a heck of a time finding the lever to adjust the steering wheel. It was hiding in the place I expected to find it, but it was hard to grab hold of for some reason.