2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Most Helpful|
Fusion Titanium AWD - I'm Impressed
By rgdawson

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Looking for a mid-size AWD sedan and my “wants” included AWD, styling, quiet, state of the art electronics, Adaptive Cruise Control/Collision Avoidance, trunk that can fit multiple sets of golf clubs, and fun to drive. I value everyday drivability on the roads I actually drive on over track performance. I drove the BMW 3, Audi A4, Cadillac ATS, Volvo S60, Infiniti Q50. Almost giving up, tried the Fusion. Man, was I ever surprised and impressed. This car is fantastic in every aspect I care about. I was prepared to buy a much more expensive car. This car is SO smooth, so quiet, so comfortable, sporty enough, a joy to drive. I really like SYNC, too. Well done, Ford, you won me over, easily.

Favorite Features

Drive-ability, quiet, AWD and Adaptive Cruise, SYNC, Roomy trunk, styling, seats and ergonomics.

Suggested Improvements

Better users manual, voice commands cheat sheet. Make the steering column electronically adjustable and part of the memory. Memorize infotainment settings (stations, inputs, etc) per driver/key fob. Bigger glove box. An extra SD card slot (Nav consumes the only SD slot, but there are two USBs at least). Voice command for switch between multiple paired phones.

2.5L I-4 2,000 Miles sp far, liking my ride
By 03tbext

2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wife did not like seats in the '14 Focus SE, so we bought the basic Fusion S. Very quiet, smooth ride, great gas mileage. How great? 40.2 MPG on a 200 mile trip today (actual, computer said it was 38.2). Like the room can comfort very much, a huge step up from my 2006 Focus ZX4-SES, 2.0L automatic. And, the fuel economy is about 2 to 3 MPG better! Always used to be a GM man, till Obama Motors taking them out of the running. Ford sure has improved.

Favorite Features

Crash worthiness (IIHS.org), comfortable, quiet, fantastic fuel economy for a car this size, Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

a few hard shifts on the tranny are of concern. Don't like how keys on i added to the key FOB dangle (rub my leg).

Rented an SE 2.0 (not Titanium)
By skw0123

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2014 Fusion was a fabulous surprise (I'm a 2010 Fusion SE owner). The ragged 3.0 V6 and balky six speed automatic on my old car made me wonder how good the Fusion new drivetrain could be, but words can hardly begin...granted I did get the top of the line engine choice, but the automatic was absolutely superb as well. The next great surprise was the ride. My old Fusion rides like a buckboard in comparison...all the other midsize car manufacturers should stop what they're doing and just copy the Fusion's setup. Handling seemed sharp even with the well-damped ride...it really is outstanding.

Favorite Features

Drivetrain and ride compliance. If these aren't the best in the midsize class, I'd be surprised. I haven't driven an Altima lately or the new Mazda 6. I'm pretty sure the Accord can't hang with the Fusion in terms of ride quality or having a quiet cabin although I haven't driven the latest Accord either. The car I was in had Sync (didn't use it). The MyFord Touch was of no special interest to me, I didn't mess with it much.

Suggested Improvements

The one sad change re: my old Fusion was visibility out of the car. Really not great, it is probably the one thing I'd really have to come to grips with in considering this car as a purchase. I don't know if it would be a showstopper for me or not, but the 2010 Fusion is excellent in this regard. The high beltline is undeniably a good looking touch but it really messes with glass area. I had a heck of a time finding the lever to adjust the steering wheel. It was hiding in the place I expected to find it, but it was hard to grab hold of for some reason.

Love it so far
By jordan122011

2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I really thought I needed an SUV, but this car won me over. I have owned an older Fusion in the past that was ok. It's roomy yet gets great gas mileage. I average 32mpg highway and coming from larger vehicles that is awesome to me.

Favorite Features

Handles well, great safety ratings and super fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The seats are not comfortable. Especially the front seats.

2014 ford fusion SE 2.0 Fuel Tank Problem
By jimmyd11

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a loud fuel slushing sound in my fuel tank when tank is 3/4 to full. Ford technical staff told my selling dealer this is a normal characteristic for this vehicle. The dealer filled one of his other se 2.0 fusions on his lot with a full tank of gas, and sure enough it did the same thing as my car. I have had 5 previous NEW Ford cars before this Fusion and they did not make this loud slushing sound. I remember the fuel fire problems that the Ford Pinto had in the 70's and I don't feel safe in this car. Please, anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this.