2014 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2014 Fusion and the Fog
By csfusion2014 on 12/08/14 10:33 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2014 Fusion February 2014 and we absolutely loved the car. Great looks and loved the blacked out rims. Color is Dark Side. Summer was great. Come heating season the windshield constantly fogs up. Starts at the bottom and works all the way to the top. Ford Says this is normal. I tend to disagree. Completely poor answers from ford service advisors and regional service reps. The truth is I love the car but may have make a move to another competitor.

Great Experience
By waterdr1 on 11/05/14 22:22 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Took delivery of a 2014 Black on Black Titanium with the 2.0 in March 2014 and have 20k on it as of Nov. I drive a lot and comfort, safety, reliability mean a lot. I have driven well over a million miles on numerous cars I have owned in the last 20 years as a traveling consultant and this is one, great car! Don't bother with any other power plant than the 2.0 IMO. Fit and finish has been perfect and it has not seen a shop other then oil and tire rotations. My only issue is I could use more trunk space and Ford does not seem to use very good all season tires. I will be putting snow tires on it this winter.

Frequent Renter/New Leaser @ 1,200 miles
By oldsnwbrdr on 10/18/14 06:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My last six cars included four Acuras and one Mercedes. And I am VERY pleased with how the Fusion feels when I drive it. I have the SE with the 1.5 ecoboost engine. Options include black 18" rims, MyFordTouch with GPS, sunroof, luxury package, and remote start. I really wanted a 2015 with the Terracotta package (love the color, and the package throws in the sports seats from the Titanium) but the deals on the 2014s were too good to ignore. Plus I loved the silver SE with black rims on the dealer lot. VERY sporty yet the ride with the 18" rims is fine (don't get the 19's as the ride gets jittery!).

THINK before you buy a Fusion
By captain77450 on 10/06/14 19:44 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The plastic rear end has horrible quality. There are 3 or more defects in the surface around the rear license plate on all of these. The rear doors, the front and rear bumpers and the rear tail lights do not line up well. The front door interior arm rest extends into the A-frame and thus sticks you in the rear end every time you enter the car. Mine has < 1500 miles and has left me stranded TWICE, with a dead battery. When the battery is dead you cannot unlock your car or get into the trunk without breaking the front driver's door handle to expose the keylock. Even then you cannot open any other doors or the trunk. You cannot move it because it will not come out of park....thanks Ford.

Worst car ever owned
By bobkat64 on 10/06/14 08:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The shifting is absolutely horrible. You will be coasting down a steep decline \ hill and it just down shifts automatically when your not expecting it and sometimes it doesn't shift at all pushing the RPM's to 4,000. Took it back to the dealer twice and they were not able to reproduce the problem. I emailed Ford and was first told that they were aware of the issue and that they are working on getting it resolved, but later I received another email telling me that the first email was a mistake. It's also really bad in Stop \ Go traffic.... it lurches between 1st and 2nd gears.

FIRST REPORT
By mntdl on 09/20/14 13:06 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased a 2014 Fusion SE with the 1.5 Ecoboost, 201A PKG, Navigation and Technology PKG. In searching for a sedan for work, to replace an Impala, I was looking for something stylish, good performance, fun & comfortable to drive while maintaining some economy. Sounds like a lot to ask for, and all of that for under $30,000. The Fusion with the all of the options fit the bill. I only have 250 miles, and so I really cant tell you much yet, but the first 250 miles have been awesome. I will follow up at around 15,000 miles, and that should not take long, as I average about 20,000-30,000 per year.

2.5L I-4 2,000 Miles sp far, liking my ride
By 03tbext on 09/12/14 12:30 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wife did not like seats in the '14 Focus SE, so we bought the basic Fusion S. Very quiet, smooth ride, great gas mileage. How great? 40.2 MPG on a 200 mile trip today (actual, computer said it was 38.2). Like the room can comfort very much, a huge step up from my 2006 Focus ZX4-SES, 2.0L automatic. And, the fuel economy is about 2 to 3 MPG better! Always used to be a GM man, till Obama Motors taking them out of the running. Ford sure has improved.

Great Ride!
By dagnab on 08/30/14 15:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded 2009 Fusion SEL for 2014 SE and love it. It is the Ecoboost model and get great mileage and power plus the great ride!!

Excited for our New Ford Fusion 2014
By lschuh on 08/05/14 20:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We are very excited about our purchase of the 2014 Ford Fusion. I had thought that our next vehicle would be a compact SUV, but seeing the Fusion out on the road and then at the dealership I knew that this was going to be our next car. Wonderful price for what you are getting!

Upset about problem
By pdmartin on 07/31/14 01:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have noticed over the past couple of months that I am having a problem with a waxy material running down over my headlights. I had the service manager from the local Ford dealer take some pictures and send them to Ford Canada. I did not hear of any results until a number of other new Ford owners started coming in with the same problem. It is a problem that is not unique to the Fusion, but is apparently happening to several 2014 models. After a few weeks and several phone calls to the dealer they informed me that Ford is using this waxy material as a form of rustproofing on the inside of the front fenders. When the temperature goes up this stuff is melting and running down over the lights.