2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Rented an SE 2.0 (not Titanium)
By skw0123 on 06/04/14 22:33 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2014 Fusion was a fabulous surprise (I'm a 2010 Fusion SE owner). The ragged 3.0 V6 and balky six speed automatic on my old car made me wonder how good the Fusion new drivetrain could be, but words can hardly begin...granted I did get the top of the line engine choice, but the automatic was absolutely superb as well. The next great surprise was the ride. My old Fusion rides like a buckboard in comparison...all the other midsize car manufacturers should stop what they're doing and just copy the Fusion's setup. Handling seemed sharp even with the well-damped ride...it really is outstanding.

1.6 liter engine is amazing.
By simplyteeb on 01/28/14 07:03 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Best car I've ever owned. Quiet, responsive, fun to drive, roomy, did I mention quiet. My only complaint with the entire car is the trunk lid can get into the way of my head occassionally. :) I am still amazed at the gas mileage. I average 24-28. Have gotten as high as 41 and my very lowest was 19. This car beats any sedan I've driven.

First Ford
By aeboi617 on 01/15/14 12:57 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Now, despite the fact that I've worked for Ford for about 5 months now so I had a lot more time to study the car without being pestered by car salesmen. Now having said that, I had plenty of time to study this car and make a well informed decision. I've owned the car for about 2 months now, have put about 1800 miles on it and still catch myself looking back at the car when I get out. It's an extremely impressive, stylish, and agile car. This car never ceases to impress. I've been a Honda car owner all my life but after doing hard research, driving different vehicles for a couple months, and seeing different features, the Fusion rose above the rest.

2014 ford fusion SE 2.0 Fuel Tank Problem
By jimmyd11 on 01/08/14 19:46 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a loud fuel slushing sound in my fuel tank when tank is 3/4 to full. Ford technical staff told my selling dealer this is a normal characteristic for this vehicle. The dealer filled one of his other se 2.0 fusions on his lot with a full tank of gas, and sure enough it did the same thing as my car. I have had 5 previous NEW Ford cars before this Fusion and they did not make this loud slushing sound. I remember the fuel fire problems that the Ford Pinto had in the 70's and I don't feel safe in this car. Please, anyone have any thoughts on what I can do to resolve this.

So Far So Good
By alphadog731 on 11/17/13 09:54 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a base model BMW 328i for this Titanium Fusion because I wanted a longer wheel base and a better ride with more amenities. I have driven the car on one road trip that used to kill my body in the harsh riding BMW. There was no comparing the ride quality. I'm not comparing vehicles here just how my body reacts to the different road feel. All I can say is I have no regrets on the switch despite the odd looks from my neighbors and the dealership staff. This car drives every bit as well as my BMW and my VW CC prior to that. It's a bit more substantial than both of them which is exactly what I was after. The handling is tight but not harsh and I love the increased size of the car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$143 per month*