2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great car
By Chris Grisdale

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car after having a 2007 Fusion that I never had to fix anything on besides normal things like tires and brakes. I have 22k on the new car with only one problem the seatbelt in the back was made wrong. The dealer replaced it and every thing works great. My 2007 Fusion got about 26 MPG (2.3l 4-cyl manual transmision) on my run to work and had about a 160Hp my new Fusion is getting about 27-28 MPG with 240Hp (2.0l turbo)...I'd say that is a win for EcoBoost. My Ford Touch can be slow at times but I love it. Heated and Cooled seats are the best. The heated steering wheel needs work the outer rim heats up but nothing else. This is the first automatic trasmission that I have not hated. I usually drive manuals but my wife talked me into an automatic because she can't/won't drive one.

Make friends at your local gas station
By Doug Miller

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the way this car looks and drives.... but, it's never seen a gas station it doesn't want to stop at. Getting a combined mpg of less than 21 is simply not ok for a modern car with a 4 cylinder engine. I'm sure it's the AWD that's costing me at the pump, but I never expected to take such a huge hit over the EPA estimates. I'm no leadfoot, and I regularly get better than the EPA estimates in most my cars. Finally, I'll never buy another car with a built in navigation system. I've had one previously (in a '99 Volvo), but this one is much worse. First, it can't be used while the car is moving. I know. I know. It's a safety thing. But if my passenger can't use it while I'm driving, then it's simply not going to get used at all because we both have smart phones, and I'm not interested in stopping to fiddle with the nav system. And of course, the navigation system needs map updates. Ford sets the price on these at $149 per annual(ish) update. That's right, for the cost of a Garmin GPS with lifetime map updates, you can buy a one-time map update. Besides, why on earth would I buy another Garmin? I've got a smart phone. It's maps are updated in virtual real time, and the google traffic updates are FAR more accurate. I'm glad I didn't pay extra for the nav system, but it will always be there as a constant reminder of poorly implemented technology. Not sure how long I'll keep this car. I'm just not interested in pouring money into a gas hog.

Stinky air
By Tracy

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just replaced our cabin filter in our 2014 fusion. What a terrible design. 14000 miles couldn't take the smell it look like it had been in the dump when we took it out. When we turn the air on it stinks for a minute or two then goes away. Dealer can't fix it. Any suggestions live in montana pretty clean air

Wish I had known.....
By Freddy Ford

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have to say I really like this car, it drives great. Recently it was in for a service and some recall items to be taken care of, nothing major, the dealer gave me a 2014 Fusion with the 2.0L ecoboost engine, oh man let me tell you this engine runs strong compared to the 2.5L I have. If I had known it was available in the SE model I would have defiantly bought it. If you are going to get one of these good looking cars, get it with the 2.0L it is so smooth and powerful, you will regret it if you don't. Go drive both and you'll see what I am talking about.

2014 Fusion - 10,000 mile update
By oldsnwbrdr

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second review on the car, updated at 10,000 miles. Would I buy the car again? ABSOLUTELY, but I would look much harder at the hybrid model.

Still love of all the positives from my earlier review. The car feels and drives like a luxury car! At 10,000 miles (and a good cleaning) it still looks brand new! No wear on the seats at all. Pairing with my iPhone 5s has been flawless and trouble-free. Amazing seats... my back is pain-free even after longer drives.

There is no ECO in ECOBOOST. Since I bought the car (1.5L engine) I have managed only 25.4 mpg, the majority of which are highway miles. This is nowhere near the expected EPA average. And I drive generally close to the speed limit or a pinch above. The issue is well-publicized and I can't blame Ford for not acknowledging it, I just hope they are doing something about it (a 9-speed transmission is in development... the car needs one as the 6-speed turns 2,000 rpm at 65mph). Several sources said that mileage loosens at 5,000 miles; not for me! My only other complaints are the overly sensitive HVAC "buttons" on MyFordTouch, and the voice-activated functions are not intuitive.