2014 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2014 Fusion - 10,000 mile update
By oldsnwbrdr

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second review on the car, updated at 10,000 miles. Would I buy the car again? ABSOLUTELY, but I would look much harder at the hybrid model.

Favorite Features

Still love of all the positives from my earlier review. The car feels and drives like a luxury car! At 10,000 miles (and a good cleaning) it still looks brand new! No wear on the seats at all. Pairing with my iPhone 5s has been flawless and trouble-free. Amazing seats... my back is pain-free even after longer drives.

Suggested Improvements

There is no ECO in ECOBOOST. Since I bought the car (1.5L engine) I have managed only 25.4 mpg, the majority of which are highway miles. This is nowhere near the expected EPA average. And I drive generally close to the speed limit or a pinch above. The issue is well-publicized and I can't blame Ford for not acknowledging it, I just hope they are doing something about it (a 9-speed transmission is in development... the car needs one as the 6-speed turns 2,000 rpm at 65mph). Several sources said that mileage loosens at 5,000 miles; not for me! My only other complaints are the overly sensitive HVAC "buttons" on MyFordTouch, and the voice-activated functions are not intuitive.

Great Car So far
By grisd1969

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I put about 20,000 miles a year on my cars and I wanted something comfy and big I'm 6'7" so no sunroof but other wise I fit just fine in the car. I had a 2007 Fusion with the 4-cyl and a manual trans and compaired to this car I get 2 MPG better and gained about 70 Hp...I'd say that was a win for Ford. My 07 never broke just kept going and going. Hopefully my 14 will do the same. I almost allways had manual transimissions and this it the first auto that I like. Love the down shift when slowing down and having the paddles to take over when I want to.

Favorite Features

Heated and cooled seats are the bomb. SNYC is realy nice once you get used to it. In the beginning it is a pain but now I love it. The turbo 2.0 is fun but laying into it will really hurt the gas milage but it is worth it.

Suggested Improvements

Heated steering wheel could use some work only heats the outer rim of the wheel not the whole thing.

2014 Fusion and the Fog
By csfusion2014

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2014 Fusion February 2014 and we absolutely loved the car. Great looks and loved the blacked out rims. Color is Dark Side. Summer was great. Come heating season the windshield constantly fogs up. Starts at the bottom and works all the way to the top. Ford Says this is normal. I tend to disagree. Completely poor answers from ford service advisors and regional service reps. The truth is I love the car but may have make a move to another competitor.

Great Experience
By waterdr1

2014 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Took delivery of a 2014 Black on Black Titanium with the 2.0 in March 2014 and have 20k on it as of Nov. I drive a lot and comfort, safety, reliability mean a lot. I have driven well over a million miles on numerous cars I have owned in the last 20 years as a traveling consultant and this is one, great car! Don't bother with any other power plant than the 2.0 IMO. Fit and finish has been perfect and it has not seen a shop other then oil and tire rotations. My only issue is I could use more trunk space and Ford does not seem to use very good all season tires. I will be putting snow tires on it this winter.

Favorite Features

Great power plant, great use of interior space, and loaded with great options. I do really like the Ford My Touch system. Great looking car.

Frequent Renter/New Leaser @ 1,200 miles
By oldsnwbrdr

2014 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My last six cars included four Acuras and one Mercedes. And I am VERY pleased with how the Fusion feels when I drive it. I have the SE with the 1.5 ecoboost engine. Options include black 18" rims, MyFordTouch with GPS, sunroof, luxury package, and remote start. I really wanted a 2015 with the Terracotta package (love the color, and the package throws in the sports seats from the Titanium) but the deals on the 2014s were too good to ignore. Plus I loved the silver SE with black rims on the dealer lot. VERY sporty yet the ride with the 18" rims is fine (don't get the 19's as the ride gets jittery!).

Favorite Features

The car has a very solid, Germanic, high quality feel to it. It rides firmly yet comfortably, and is exceptional quiet for a family car. MyFordTouch is essential for automatic temperature control and GPS. I find it easy to use (had to play with it to master it), but UConnect in the Chryslers is MUCH better. The system syncs quickly and effortlessly to my iPhone 5S. Even the base leather SE seats are exceptionally comfortable, even on long drives I get no lower back pain. Obviously the car is extremely good looking and has plenty of rear seat and trunk room. Base stereo sounds fine and doesn't leave me wanting for the Sony in the Titanium model. I love the configurable dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage is a BIG question mark. I rented a car with this same engine and couldn't manage 30MPG on the freeway. Driving to Milwaukee yesterday the gas meter said I was getting close to 40MPG... on the way back I was getting 31MPG. Maybe the dash calculator is just wrong and I need to do it manually. Still, fuel economy is a frequent complaint on ecoboost engines. The fuel tank only takes about 14 gallons, requiring more frequent fill ups. While the MyFordTouch panel looks cool, sometimes the buttons don't work when I push them, sometimes they work when I accidentally touch them. Key fob feels very flimsy, keys dangle on my knee when in ignition (wish pushbutton start was standard!).