Still a few design flaws
By ashburner on
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I'm a huge car fan, and I get a new car every 10 months or so. I decided to give Ford a try, as I have never owned one before. The car drives very nicely. Super quiet inside, at least as quiet as my 2011 Infiniti M37s. The interior is comfortable, but takes a little getting used to. Rear seat leg room is not the greatest. 2.0T engine is good. Definitely torque steer and turbo boost delay if you step on it but not a problem day to day. Love the Sync system and the LCD's. Driving anything else seems almost archaic. Stereo is great, especially the quality from the HD radio. Gas mileage is still up for debate but seems good. Did a 50 mile trip at 65mph and averaged 34.2.
Favorite Features
Standout exterior design High technology interior with Sync Great upgraded stereo Drives nicely Very quiet inside Good power Rear windows go all the way down!
Suggested Improvements
Brand new car and it already had a rattle in the center console. Fixed by smacking it hard but it tends to come back. Not Acceptable by any means. Doors do not stay open all the way on steep hills/driveways. Very disappointing as my driveway is quite steep. This is a design flaw and I have never had a problem with at least 8 other new vehicles. Trunk does not stay open more than 8 inches on my steep driveway. This is a serious design flaw and if I would have known, I would not have purchased the car. Again, I've never had this issue with ANY other car. HD radio goes in and out a lot. I live in the suburbs apparently on the fringe of HD reception. Very annoying.