2013 Fusion - Have you had this experience?
By fusion_2013 on
2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I bought a new 2013 Fusion SE June 2013. In Feb 2014, at 7,500 mi. the engine light came on. First fix was to replace the transmission (??) because Eco-boost engine design caused over-heating. 3 days later engine light came on. Faulty igniter coil (??) was the cause this time & replaced. 2 days later engine light came on. Engine needs to be replaced (!!??) due to initial over-heating problem; engine either "warped" or cracked. It's the Ides of March; I've been waiting for my car for 2 weeks. I'm supposed to get it back in 2 days; the following day, I'm driving it from Albuq NM to LA CA. I will let you know if I make it back w/ no issues. Wish me luck.
Favorite Features
When it was running, I loved the car. Good value for the money.
Suggested Improvements
Perhaps Ford was overly optimisic/aggressive in the redisgn of this model? I am now very timid with regard to this car's reliability, performance, design, and future value. I am interested to know if anyone else has experienced a similiar issue with overheating and/or poor transmission performance. I am more curious to know if this turns out to be a design problem that all drivers could experience. Fixing this problem with a new transmission & engine on a car with 7,500 miles cannot be cheap for Ford.