SE 2.0 w/luxury package 6 month update
By fordfan21 on
2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
After just over 6 months of ownership and more than 11,500 miles on the ODO, I am still a proud fusion owner. Lifetime MPG average is 28.2 which is over the EPA combined rating of 26 MPG. The exterior is holding up well as far as paint and trim. Although around 6,600 miles the clear coat on my factory black 18in rims began to peal off in chucks. The dealer replaced all four rims and so far so good. Seat comfort lends to hours of HWY driving, while also holding one in place while driving spiritedly. Everything thus far is mechanically sound and brake and tire wear are holding steady. The interior is also holding up well. I highly recommend this car for purchase.
Favorite Features
The power of the 2.0 ecoboost engine is fantastic. No matter what speed you are traveling a push of the throttle and you are gone! Gas mileage is good when you aren't driving the car like you stole it. The sound system is excellent for just 6 speakers. MyFord has worked flawlessly thus far as well as the rest of the cars electronics. I hit a deer one night with the right front bumper at approx. 45 mph with the only damage being the front right side of the grill being ever so slightly recessed. The car handles and corners extremely well for a midsize sedan, no matter what the weather conditions.
Suggested Improvements
Though I do highly recommend this vehicle there are some minor things that I think can be improved. For instance, I am just over 6ft in stature and I have knocked my head on the trunk door when grabbing an item that is deeper inside the trunk. Extending the travel of the trunk lid would solve this issue. The transmission learning software can use a little bit more refinement as at times it does not shift as smoothly as I think it should. Although, this could be do to my driving habits of frequent spirited driving, while at other times emphasizing fuel economy. Lastly, the MyFord software could use some ergonomic updating in reference to the different menus and sub menus.