2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Very Nice Car but disappointed

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Very Nice Car but disappointed
By randrew17 on

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchases the car brand new. I notice right off the lot the gas mileage was horrible. I had to be getting 16 mpg. Dealership told me to "break it in" Well now Im at 18k miles and still getting around 16-19 city, combine on highway maybe 22. Way below sticker. I have to do total highway to beat 26mpg. I once gotten 29mpg when my car was new and I took it out a 8hr round trip. If you had my car in the city and heavy traffic it's a total gas guzzler. Not happy as a new Ford Owner. Other than that the car runs fine. looks awesome, people always compliment it and fun to drive. Just now fun refueling it after around 200 miles on 12 gallons.

Please make a better fuel efficient car. Its a 2013 car should be getting better gas mileage than this.
By elgranpagan
on 02/20/14 13:12 PM (PST)

Sounds like the fuel efficiency is based on how heavy one's foot may be. This is true for any car. I think some reviewers should seriously think about their personal driving habits before complaining about fuel economy.

By easybrowser
on 04/25/14 07:01 AM (PDT)

It has nothing to do with lead foot driving. I've had mine for 4 months, and drove it from St. Louis to Madison, Wi, on cruise control, no stops, the entire way. I refilled in Madison, and made the trip back with no stops. The car gets 26 highway, period. For my "mixed" driving, which is about 70% highway, it gets about 22. The claimed mileage isn't there, and I'm extremely upset. It's false advertising.