2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: DO NOT BUY This car with ecobo

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

DO NOT BUY This car with ecoboost engine
By stayaway6 on

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 1.6L turbo SE engine with the Leather package. I had the car for one week and at 200 miles the car had and engine temp error message. I then found out the next day the car has been recalled for possible fire when engine overheats. There have been 13 fires with this engine. Do not buy a turbo engine from FORD. They have major design flaws. They recalled 15000 fusions and 80000 escapes and they don;t even have a fix for it. I got a loner from Budget rental who Ford is paying and Budget keeps putting holds on my CC. Up to $307 in 3 days. Budget told me they would continue to do this.

Favorite Features

Can cause a fire when driving! But the car looks good.

Suggested Improvements

Have your mechanic put a new engine in it that does not cause a fire. Ford does not know how to do this.
By sentinelone
on 03/17/13 00:15 AM (PDT)

You say "DO NOT BUY This car with ecoboost engine", yet the fact is that this issue only effected the 1.6 engine, and even then only "some" of them, and has since been remedied by Ford with a relatively simple software update as noted in the above comment from airpower. In other words, this is no longer even an issue of any kind.