2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Disappointing Gas Mileage

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Disappointing Gas Mileage
By whitecloud7 on

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After almost 5, 000 miles on my Fusion SE I'm averaging 22 MPG which is a lot lower than the rated mileage for this car by Ford. Is this going to turn into a class action suit for false advertising by Fusion owners? I drive both highway and local roads and still never saw my average mileage increase. I get better mileage from my Honda CR-V than this car. And there have been two recalls for the car since I bought it a few months ago.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By scoobypapa
on 01/25/14 07:49 AM (PST)

Perhaps you should look at the STICKER where is shows the COMBINED CITY/Hwy MPG. The 1.6 turbo was 23/36 and 28 MPG combined. Yours (2.5 liter) should be a little less. Last but not least, I don't know what your commute distance is but if you have a lot of hills, slowing down, speeding up, etc. , the reality is that your cruise control won't have a lot of chances to make the most of the engine. We get 24-25 around town and 32+ at 70 mph on trips of 200 miles round trip with cruise. Our Fusion SE has just gone in for its' 5000 mile service and we have had no recall issues. We get a bit more MPG if cruise is at less then 70 mph.