Disappointed Overall
By clovjul on
2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
This car look great--rivals a luxury car in my opinion. But I hated it after a few days. I drove it for 650 miles and returned it. The MPG never got above 21 mpg and that was even with driving like an old lady. It took a long time to accelerate, the shifting was jerky (like a manual), and was really loud. The eco-boost engine is a joke. I got better gas mileage with my Murano, filled less and paid less overall. Plus, it was not fun to drive. And it was really uncomfortable. The headrests stuck out and I was constantly adjusting the seats and could never get comfortable. Not a good fit for me--I am 5'5 so maybe a taller person would fit better. And it was hard to park.
Favorite Features
I liked the Sync system--thought it was fun and fairly easy to use once you learned it. The looks from the outside are nice. Once you are moving, it is a smooth ride.
Suggested Improvements
Ford needs to adjust their mileage ratings overall. I know they are usually inflated a bit, but these cars aren't getting even close. Even my new C Max is way less than stated. The seats, headrests, seatbelts--everything is made for a bigger person than 5'5.
By cruzefan1
on 04/25/13 09:48 AM (PDT)

You have to drive the car more than 650 miles for fuel mileage to get better. The car is still getting broken in!

By dteezy
on 06/18/13 20:38 PM (PDT)

I disagree, I have this car as a rental, as my Nissan Altima is in the shop for body damage, I love this car & dont want my Nissan back, I usally go for foreign cars but this one take the cake, the rental I have is like a luxury model and is more high tech & equivalent to some german cars I know! The headrests are automatic for a collision, they are able to be put back/forth in several positions, this car is a head turner and drives so smoothe!

By poorthingflint
on 05/12/13 16:31 PM (PDT)

Considered this car but signs of sloppy assembly gave me pause as did the turbo charge engines instead of a V6. Bought a 2013 Toyota Avalon Touring sedan. My first 600miles I averaged 24 mpg's in mixed driving and that's varying speeds for break in purposes which is not good for MPG's. Seems like this vehicle has some sort of problem or if not if this gentleman was not using a heavy foot Fords got a problem. Personally I think I made the correct call on my buying choice and love they car. No problems so far except for over inflated tires(40lbs).