2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: A 13 gallon gas tank? Sync st

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

A 13 gallon gas tank? Sync still not ready for prime-time
By fury63 on

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have about 9200 miles on my Titanium FWD. For the most part, this is a great vehicle. It is a nice driver and is quiet and comfortable. It handles extremely well. However, there are a couple of things that really make it hard for me to recommend to anyone else. There is a problem with the gas tank that prevents you from putting much more than 12 gallons in when you are near empty. The specs say 16.5 capacity. So plan on spending a lot of time at the gas station. My last car held 18 gallons so this is a huge inconvenience.

Favorite Features

Style. Handling. Stereo.

Suggested Improvements

The fuel tank issue needs to be addressed by Ford. Dealer acknowledges it but that's about it. The Sync system is a great concept but terrible execution. If you do not plan on using it for your cell phone, it is bearable - still reboots often while you're driving, lags terribly upon start up. I bought a Bluetooth headset to use with this car as teh built-in system comes to a screaming halt with my iPhone. If these issues don't get addressed soon, this will be my last Ford. My wife is eyeing the Edge but no way will I buy another Ford at this point. They has some great looking vehicles but they need to get their act together from a user/technology perspective.