2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS CAR!!!!
By chylemc on 03/29/13 16:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased brand new Oxford White 2013 Ford Fusion SE dune interior w/1.6 ecoboost & moonroof...I love driving it it feels kinda like an expensive sports car. Got a great deal on it! Shout out to Team Ford in Marietta, GA! I get stares everywhere I go. The SYNC works great...easy to use. I got the GAP & Extended warranty just in case. *My 1st American car! But I have a feeling that Ford has made a car that will shake up the world.

Fusion SE 2.0T Ecoboost
By g0west on 03/26/13 20:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The Fusion has a smooth ride and a supremely quiet cabin. I am getting 29 mpg highway and 24 mpg mixed driving with the 2.0L Ecoboost. The leather seats in SE trim are styled differently than those in the Titanium; but they are every bit as comfortable. I don't get the complaints about My Ford Touch -- it is logical enough and the Bluetooth works flawlessly. Overall, the 2.0 litre Fusion SE has been a very satisfying, fun car to drive. My last three cars were a Volvo S80, Volvo 960 and Porsche 911SC.

mpg 24
By mquero on 03/24/13 05:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

one thimg i did notice the gas gauge drops quickly and the milage meter to empty drops quickly lost sync came back on next day my car has the 1.6 ecoboost

MPG
By dmitrius on 03/19/13 15:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The MPG is horrible on this car. I have a 1.6L Ecoboost, and I don't even get 23MPG which is the minimum advertised, and I drive it gently. At the best I am getting 22.5MPG. I am really disappointed.

Pieces falling off
By asalvo15 on 02/25/13 17:29 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was considering buying a 2013 Ford Fusion, so I went to the dealership to test drive it. I brought two friends with me, who sat in the backseat during the test drive. When we got out of the car, they told me the roof material in the back was coming off. To make it worse, we looked at another model (which was more expensive because it had the My Ford Touch options inside the car) and a piece of the exterior door panel was falling off. We mentioned it to the sales person and he went outside to check it. He hit it back into place and simply said, "We can just put some glue on it." SERIOUSLY?! Both cars are NEW cars and they already have pieces coming off? Imagine how it will be years from now

A 13 gallon gas tank? Sync still not ready for prime-time
By fury63 on 02/23/13 12:02 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have about 9200 miles on my Titanium FWD. For the most part, this is a great vehicle. It is a nice driver and is quiet and comfortable. It handles extremely well. However, there are a couple of things that really make it hard for me to recommend to anyone else. There is a problem with the gas tank that prevents you from putting much more than 12 gallons in when you are near empty. The specs say 16.5 capacity. So plan on spending a lot of time at the gas station. My last car held 18 gallons so this is a huge inconvenience.

2013 Fusion SE 1.6 MANUAL/Clutch
By danlvegas on 02/21/13 19:51 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had the car for two months and am VERY happy with it. The car is very impressive: 1. Handling is fantastic, handles really well: cornering, brakes, acceleration, all great, and the 1.6 EcoBoost is plenty strong. It came with Michelins. 2. It is wisper quiet, easy to use the InSync car phone feature. 3. Styling I love - looks sharp. Ordered it Titanium White (extra). 4. I am getting the mileage advertised, but I have the manual transmition SE. I'm probably one of a handful of owners who have the Fusion with a stick. 5. Came fully operational - perfect - from the factory. Nothing was wrong/broken. Maybe I was lucky hearing some reports, but not a thing was out of place.

Fusion 1.6 not 2.5
By beargrowl on 02/21/13 11:00 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought Fusion just before February trip from Michigan to Florida and back. Mileage was 30.08 and the computer said 30.1 over 3400 miles. Trunk was loaded with luggage and after break-in cruised at 75-78. 250 miles of stop and go included in senior land. So far very happy. The 1.6 was built post recall and is adequate. Specifically did not get Ford Touch so no problems there. Traded in a Lucerne with 100k -times are a changing-so far culture shock is ok.

Disaster in the making
By archer12 on 02/21/13 04:17 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2013 Titanium in Detroit. Within 6 hours of purchase, the car had to be towed to the dealer with a problem that was diagnosed as a starter module. Things have gone downhill from there. The highway mileage...even in 70 degree weather, NEVER exceeds 28 mpg, nothing close to the advertised 33. The mytouch system is finicky and unreliable. Remote start terrible. The electronic lane change chimes go off for no reason. Voice activated controls are useless; the noise levels in the car are so high and people cannot hear you on the speaker phone. Sych will NOT work with many phone brands. Car is a train wreck. 2010 Fusion with V6 was more powerful with much better mileage.

Still a few design flaws
By ashburner on 02/19/13 04:11 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm a huge car fan, and I get a new car every 10 months or so. I decided to give Ford a try, as I have never owned one before. The car drives very nicely. Super quiet inside, at least as quiet as my 2011 Infiniti M37s. The interior is comfortable, but takes a little getting used to. Rear seat leg room is not the greatest. 2.0T engine is good. Definitely torque steer and turbo boost delay if you step on it but not a problem day to day. Love the Sync system and the LCD's. Driving anything else seems almost archaic. Stereo is great, especially the quality from the HD radio. Gas mileage is still up for debate but seems good. Did a 50 mile trip at 65mph and averaged 34.2.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$165 per month*