Used 2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

SE 2.0 w/luxury package 6 month update
By fordfan21

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After just over 6 months of ownership and more than 11,500 miles on the ODO, I am still a proud fusion owner. Lifetime MPG average is 28.2 which is over the EPA combined rating of 26 MPG. The exterior is holding up well as far as paint and trim. Although around 6,600 miles the clear coat on my factory black 18in rims began to peal off in chucks. The dealer replaced all four rims and so far so good. Seat comfort lends to hours of HWY driving, while also holding one in place while driving spiritedly. Everything thus far is mechanically sound and brake and tire wear are holding steady. The interior is also holding up well. I highly recommend this car for purchase.

The power of the 2.0 ecoboost engine is fantastic. No matter what speed you are traveling a push of the throttle and you are gone! Gas mileage is good when you aren't driving the car like you stole it. The sound system is excellent for just 6 speakers. MyFord has worked flawlessly thus far as well as the rest of the cars electronics. I hit a deer one night with the right front bumper at approx. 45 mph with the only damage being the front right side of the grill being ever so slightly recessed. The car handles and corners extremely well for a midsize sedan, no matter what the weather conditions.

Though I do highly recommend this vehicle there are some minor things that I think can be improved. For instance, I am just over 6ft in stature and I have knocked my head on the trunk door when grabbing an item that is deeper inside the trunk. Extending the travel of the trunk lid would solve this issue. The transmission learning software can use a little bit more refinement as at times it does not shift as smoothly as I think it should. Although, this could be do to my driving habits of frequent spirited driving, while at other times emphasizing fuel economy. Lastly, the MyFord software could use some ergonomic updating in reference to the different menus and sub menus.

Terrible
By serenatexas

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a ford fusion in July 3013, Brand new, off the lot. It drove well for the first month then started having problems. I had to have the driver module replaced, the fuel pump replaced twice and every time it gets cold the car breaks down. I got it fixed yesterday, drove it for abou8t 24 hours and it broke down again. It died in an intersection and would not start again. This is the fourth time Ive had this problem. It usually starts up again after trying several times to start it but lately it refuses. I hate this car. Im trading it in for a honda or something and I dont recommend ANYONE to EVER buy [non-permissible content removed] FORD FUSION.

The car is beautifully designed and stylish but its [non-permissible content removed] mechanically.

Build a car that will last. [non-permissible content removed].

Very Nice Car but disappointed
By randrew17

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchases the car brand new. I notice right off the lot the gas mileage was horrible. I had to be getting 16 mpg. Dealership told me to "break it in" Well now Im at 18k miles and still getting around 16-19 city, combine on highway maybe 22. Way below sticker. I have to do total highway to beat 26mpg. I once gotten 29mpg when my car was new and I took it out a 8hr round trip. If you had my car in the city and heavy traffic it's a total gas guzzler. Not happy as a new Ford Owner. Other than that the car runs fine. looks awesome, people always compliment it and fun to drive. Just now fun refueling it after around 200 miles on 12 gallons.

Please make a better fuel efficient car. Its a 2013 car should be getting better gas mileage than this.

2013 Fusion 1.6L Echoboost W/Sync Leather etc
By markwiz

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I picked up the Blue fusion with the tech package that included backup sensors and camera and the sync system. I really like the sync system. I am a technical guy so it did not intimidate me. Actually I found it very intuitive once you understand the lay out. The only issue I have is the backup sensors are flaky. They only work around 20% of the time. I will be bringing it back the the dealer to be fixed. Otherwise I really like the car. It handles great. The 2.0L engine was really nice but was out of my price range. The gas mileage is around the same as my little 2004 Pontiac Vibe. The car is very quiet on the highway. So far so good.

Sync system, heated seats, interior room, quiet ride, handling, lane departure system. backup camera People whine about the Sync system. I really like it. I find it more intuitive than I expected. It does a lot. Yes you may actually have to open the manual to get started but that is around it. I had my Android phone connected over bluetooth before I left the dealer lot.

The 1.6L is a little loud when you get on it. The 2.0L I test drove earlier was a lot better and had some significant get up and go. If it was in my budget, I would have gotten get the 2.0L Echoboost. I never drove the 2.5L normally aspirated engine. I did not want the GPS option. At nearly $1K and $150 for yearly map updates, it was not worth it. I live in a growing area, you need map updates. I really like the backup sensors, when they work. Apparently these can be troublesome on all cars. If the dealer fixes them I will be happy. If they cause me to come back because they can't fix them, I will not be happy. I will know in 3 weeks at my appt.

First Ford in 24 Years
By bigcush

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We were Accord drivers for a long time but I wanted to buy American for our new car. We liked the Fusion's styling, quiet ride, and features. After driving for 3 months we absolutely love it. Not only is it quick, but the ride is so quiet it enhances the fun of driving. The car handles great and I actually like the My Ford touch system - I can easily navigate from one screen to the next no problem. Regarding fuel economy, we drive up and down a mountain everyday so I've lost track. We bought it because it has a sleek new look and really affordable. From now on, I'm a happy Fusion driver.

Push button parking brake; cup holders in the door pockets; USB port in the console, easy to use controls on dash and steering wheel; back-up camera

Trunk opening could be a little wider. Illumination in the headlight knob should be on all the time...and a little brighter.