Used 2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 85 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Transmission leaves a lot to be desired
By Ron

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased new for my wife. Tired of GM and Dodge problems and bought our 1st Ford. Love the design. I am not tall (5'7") and my wife is shorter, but you can easily nail your head on the A-post when getting into the car. Two complaints: (1) the hard shifting transmission which is beginning to cause me concerns after reading all the complaints from owners online. Main concern is internal damage with the ongoing issue. (2) Recall after recall after recall !!!

That said, I regret buying this car. It is paid for and I wanted a car I could count on for years, but feel that Ford is no better than the rest of our domestic brands. So much for Consumer Reports. Too many times they rate a new car well, then a few years later the same unit is NOT RECOMMENDED.

I recently purchased a used 2012 Jeep GC Laredo with AWD and the V6. Gas mileage is as good as the Fusion 2.0 turbo + it tows 5000 lbs with REAL AWD. The Ford AWD on our top of the line Fusion is really a 70:30 AWD. That being only 30% (maximum) will be transferred to the rear wheels !!!

Before buying go to the iihs.org web site to check on crash tests. The new (small overlap test) has caused many to redesign their vehicles. Also go online to check on owner complaints. This Fusion was in it's first year when I bought it. No one to blame but myself. I wanted a reliable & safe car for my wife. It turns out that I would have been best served by buying a Volvo S60 AWD (now owned by CHINA !!).

Nuclear Fusion
By Frank

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is the 2013 Fusion Titanium with the 2.0 Turbo charged engine and 6 speed auto transmission. The car has been trouble free, the only item which required service other than routine maintenance is a rattle in the area of the sun roof. The dealership located the problem, a loose screw and fixed it no problem. It currently has 29,300 trouble free miles on it. We have driven it in a range of conditions and it has performed well. It gets about 32 mpg on the highway and considerably less around town as my wife is a bit of a lead foot. We have owned the car for three years now and still going strong.

Poor quality
By Minten

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Many recalls. 3 car rentals. 3 door latches broken. (one came open while driving with the kids in the back seat, another I had to hold the drivers door shut for 7 miles and the last one I can't open) Both center door posts where seat belts attach rattles. Both passenger doors rattle. Rear trunk rattles. Dash rattled when new and the defroster didn't work(broken vent) Ford sync does not work about 90% of the time. Lane departure works about 25% of the time on well marked roads. Most important safety issues still unresolved.

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid From hell
By Artur Hovsepian

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

What can i really say to sum this all up...

Worst car i have ever owned.

- I had to take this car in to the dealership at 999 miles and have probably been back to the dealership 40 times ( now at 36k miles). So many build quality issues, servicing issues, Recalls and just in general things either falling apart or the wrong parts being used from the manufacturer.

I had to take my car in the first week because of Build quality issues. The panels were not sitting properly, the Rear window of the car was warped and needed to be replaced, the cars trunk was not aligned properly with the rest of the car.... NOTHING Was aesthetically pleasing.

This was my first American car and it will be my last. I Do not understand how I can have so many recalls and so many visits to the dealership with problems. They break things, Cause check engine lights, take a week to make any repair and always have the worst customer service skills.

Poormileage
By Bill lever

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I only got 21mpg a gallon.19950 miles on car gas mileage is terrible. It never went above 21mpg some trucks do better then this