2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2013 Fusion Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Great Experience with Leased 2013 Fusion
By dmckay395

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my Fusion for 5 months and it has been great. Drives well, good fit and finish, quiet, great sound system and electronics. Exterior styling is excellent and gas mileage is good (averaging 25.4 miles driving mostly city). MySync is good but has had a couple of hiccups that required taking it to the dealer to get a newer version of the software installed. Dealer did the job quickly and threw in a free oil change so I was happy. Highly recommend the vehicle.

Favorite Features

External styling. Instrumentation and sound system. Mileage.

Suggested Improvements

MySync can be improved: smoother software upgrades, better voice recognition, store iPod directory in memory so that it doesn't need to reread it each time I plug it in, and continue to simplify navigation/configuration. Need to add a passenger seat height adjustment switch for all packages. More power.

2013 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 with luxury package
By fordfan21

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my fusion after having a horrific 8 month long ownership with a 2013 Ford Escape 1.6. The fusion rides excellently even though it sports the optional 18 inch back rims. The car absorbs road vibrations and bumps well instead of the car jittering over road imperfection and crash over bumps like the escape. Although I no longer have myford touch I am more than satisfied with myford. I have put 1,900 miles in just over a month of ownership, which included a 1,000 road trip in which I average 31. 5 MPG going between 70-80mph, which was better than the escape. The stereo system is fantastic for just 6 speakers with good highs and surprisingly good bass. I am glad I gave Ford another shot

Favorite Features

The exterior styling of the vehicle is very catching. Styling is aggressive, but not overbearing. I have gotten may compliments on the car especially since my fusion is in tuxedo black with the black 18 inch rims and black tinted windows(to protect the leather). One can tell that Ford also put a lot of thought into the interior. The materials though out the cabin are top notch with soft material in all the right places. No more creaking, no more rattles, and no more interior pieces detaching. The leather seats are extremely comfortable and the leather quality is very good. There is also more leg room front and rear than the escape. I am 6ft tall and fit in the rear seats perfectly.

Suggested Improvements

There are only a few minor improvements that I would suggest, but nothing that would be a deal breaker. First, I would like if the trunk door opened a bit farther to better fit my height. The second improvement would be in order to access USB or Bluetooth audio you have to use voice commands instead of using the screen, which defaults to line in, when pressing the media button. Also, it would be nice to get song information when playing audio over bluetooth. Lastly there is a small and infrequent rattle coming from the headliner between the front windshield and dome lights.

Dissapointed 1.6L turbo SE with prem pkg /nav
By dizzaxter

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this car in Nov 2012 and driven 8k miles so far. The car has great styling and a comfortable ride, but the gas mileage and jerky transmission has been very dissapointing. I live in los angeles and drive a mix of both highway and local roads. My average mpg is 21.8 and that requires driving like a grandmother. My old acura 3.2tl got similar gas mileage but was much faster and enjoyable to drive. BTW, my ford touch stinks. its extremely slow, and can be distracting to operate while driving, it does not support any apps (ie yelp/pandora). On multiple occassions it has froze and required the car to be restarted to resume working.

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

improve gas mileage;improve my ford touch: Ford currently advertises Sync and My ford touch as supporting all types of apps (ie yelp) but this not the case.

Fusion 2013 SE (Lemon)
By nyclorenz

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased Fusion 2013 SE back in Nov 2012. It was very exciting to have one of the newest cars in the market. At 3000 miles. Engine/ gauges would stop working. This is a electronic car. you need to coast to side of the road and restart. If the battery dies you need a jump to put in neutral. Car computer has been reprogrammed several times since then and battery changed. Car has stalled out countless times while driving on the road. We had contacted a lawyer and filed with Lemon Law in NJ. Ford has agreed to take back the car and paying all fees associated with car. I can only suggest everyone keep a running log of your car if there are any issues. Names,photos ,phone numbers and dates.

Favorite Features

Looks pretty - that's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Bring the car back to the USA. Obviously quality control is not working in Mexico.

same old ford
By gobama1982

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

auful gas mileage ,16 city,16 hwy,can not talk when outside car due to engine noise,need a megaphone to communicate to rear passengers,no power,difficult to pass anything,so much road noise inside vehicle with windows up reminds me of grandpa's 1955 ford 2 ton truck,id hate to see a new car worse than this one !!!!

Favorite Features

rides better than 2010 camry traded in

Suggested Improvements

everything,biggest pile of JUNK on the market,getting rid of it ASAP,list goes on @ on,id be an embarrassed car company if i sent this out the door.

2013 Ford fusion se 2.0t
By bryankuban1

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall I absolutely love this car! I saw a picture of it about 1 year before it was on the market and said I will own one and so I do. I still look forward to getting into it every morning going to work and when I get off work I look forward to driving it home. I have driven many supercharged cars and turbo cars. Although this isn't the most powerful one it still has plenty of power to get into traffic, pass someone, or get out of the way.

Favorite Features

Sync is my favorite feature. 2nd is the styling. 3rd is the power, and 4th is the handling. Well, the looks of the car say it all. I get stopped all the time with people asking about the car or making comments about it. People seem to love it.

Suggested Improvements

Sync needs allot of work. I wish that they would upgrade the speech recognition to something like Google has. It seems like most of the time I have to repeat my commands in order for it to work or confirm what I have said. I would redesign the rear exhaust system so that the back of the car didn't suit all over. I have to clean the back of the car regularly to keep it looking good. Also, the ignition key needs to be changed to a more stylish style, and a push button start. The key is HUGE! Also putting it into the ignition has to be exact. The key seems to get pushed into the outer ring of the ignition when in a hurry. City mileage is horrible. Only get good mpg at 64mph

Wonderful Wheels by Ford
By whitecloud7

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm now a believer that Ford can produce a very competitive car to the Asian cars. The Fusion is beautifully designed with an attractive front grille. The performance is good but the mileage is below the average of 26 MPG that I expected. The seats are very comfortable, controls are easy to access and so far, the My Sync touch screen has worked fine. The sound system is first rate and I use a USB to play my recorded music. Trunk space is generous, and the tires ride smoothly. Overall, Im very pleased with the new Ford Fusion.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, excellent sound system, easy to use control system and comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

improve the average gas mileage. I would like to see it get about 27 MPG.

2013 Ford Fusion
By mummer1

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2005 Honda Accord EX for the 2013 Ford Fusion , I HATE it, the gas mileage is terrible I do all city driving and am lucky to get 19 MPG. Have had minor problems with the driver door panels already!!!! Ford has a long long way to go to compare with Honda. Wish i had my old Honda back

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

try for better MPG

same old ford
By gobama1982

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

exceptional ride,very smooth,looks good.the bad is AUFUL gas milliage,17-18 city @ hwy,dealer says put over 10000 miles on it @ it will improve!thats not what they said when they sold it ! Slowest thing I have at my house ,soo much road noise need a meggaphone

Favorite Features

very smooth ride,better than camry

Suggested Improvements

4cyl gas millage 17 city @ hyw in 2013 !!!! cabin noise is auful,poor interior,trading as soon as possible

6 Month Update
By cruzefan1

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 sterling gray 1.6L ecoboost Ford Fusion on January 25th so I wanted to give a 6 month update. So far I have absolutely no regrets with my purchase. Next to the Mazda 6 and Hyundai Sonata I find this the most stylish mid-sized sedan on the road today. It has a very smooth and quiet ride. The seats are also very comfortable on long roadtrips and there's plenty of leg and head room. The only negative thing I have to say about the car, which is a very small critique, is that it needs a little more power on the highway and the fuel mileage could stand to be a little better, especially in the city driving. I'm averaging 26-28 MPG on a tank of gas in combined driving.

Favorite Features

Awesome styling especially the front grill and comfortable ride. Rides like a much more expensive car.

Suggested Improvements

Give it about 20 more horsepower and a little better fuel mileage.