I've had the car for two months and am VERY happy with it.
The car is very impressive:
1. Handling is fantastic, handles really well: cornering, brakes, acceleration, all great, and the 1.6 EcoBoost is plenty strong. It came with Michelins.
2. It is wisper quiet, easy to use the InSync car phone feature.
3. Styling I love - looks sharp. Ordered it Titanium White (extra).
4. I am getting the mileage advertised, but I have the manual transmition SE. I'm probably one of a handful of owners who have the Fusion with a stick.
5. Came fully operational - perfect - from the factory. Nothing was wrong/broken. Maybe I was lucky hearing some reports, but not a thing was out of place.
1. The stick shift is as smooth as silk to drive, best manual transmition car I have ever owned.
2. VERY quiet and comfortable.
There seem to be only a handful of Fusion owners with the 1.6L EcoBoost and the 6 speed manual, as you say.
Thanks for posting.
I am very curious about your gas mileage since you are one of the few who is not complaining about the EcoBoost not getting its EPA mileage.
Perhaps the manual is the key to better mileage but there are so few data points it's hard to tell.
I noticed the EcoBoost Fusion is one of the few 2013 family sedans to get better EPA ratings with the manual vs. the automatic; e.g., Accord and Mazda6 get better EPA ratings with automatics.
Perhaps you could post some updates on your rare car here and/or on Fuelly.com for mpg tracking.
Thanks for your review.
I have an SE 1.6t manual on order (tuxedo black) with all options except the sunroof.
Really looking forward to it.
Consider running your MPG figures on fuelly.com.
You are a very rare bird indeed, but I am looking foward to joining you come early May!
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.