2013 Fusion 1.6L Echoboost W/Sync Leather etc
By markwiz on
2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I picked up the Blue fusion with the tech package that included backup sensors and camera and the sync system. I really like the sync system. I am a technical guy so it did not intimidate me. Actually I found it very intuitive once you understand the lay out. The only issue I have is the backup sensors are flaky. They only work around 20% of the time. I will be bringing it back the the dealer to be fixed. Otherwise I really like the car. It handles great. The 2.0L engine was really nice but was out of my price range. The gas mileage is around the same as my little 2004 Pontiac Vibe. The car is very quiet on the highway. So far so good.
Favorite Features
Sync system, heated seats, interior room, quiet ride, handling, lane departure system. backup camera People whine about the Sync system. I really like it. I find it more intuitive than I expected. It does a lot. Yes you may actually have to open the manual to get started but that is around it. I had my Android phone connected over bluetooth before I left the dealer lot.
Suggested Improvements
The 1.6L is a little loud when you get on it. The 2.0L I test drove earlier was a lot better and had some significant get up and go. If it was in my budget, I would have gotten get the 2.0L Echoboost. I never drove the 2.5L normally aspirated engine. I did not want the GPS option. At nearly $1K and $150 for yearly map updates, it was not worth it. I live in a growing area, you need map updates. I really like the backup sensors, when they work. Apparently these can be troublesome on all cars. If the dealer fixes them I will be happy. If they cause me to come back because they can't fix them, I will not be happy. I will know in 3 weeks at my appt.
By markwiz
on 05/17/14 06:10 AM (PDT)

I now have 8K on the Fusion. At 3K they had to replace the engine. The check engine light had come on. They dealer said it was leaking fluid. Since the car had so few miles on it, they replaced it with a brand new engine, not a rebuild. The dealer fixed the backup sensor. The car has been running great since. I drove from Raleigh to Philadelphia last week. I kept under 75mph. I was going usually 73mph. I got 37MPG. The week before I drove 7hrs to Jacksonville FL going closer to 80mph with 3 people and luggage in the car and I got 34MPG. Around town I get 22 to 23mpg. Not great but not terrible either. The black leather gets hot in the NC sun. I had the windows tinted. This seemed to help a lot. The more I drive it the more I like the car. At the dealer I had the oil changed on the new engine at 6K(3K for the new engine). I had them put in full synthetic. I will do my own oil changes every 6K myself with full synthetic. This is not required but oil is cheap when you change it yourself. I had one issue with the dealer when they changed the oil. They added air to my tires. The car rode like it had rocks for tires. When I got home, I checked the tire pressure and it was 37lbs. It is suppose to be 32LBS. Not sure why they did that. I lowered the pressure back to 32lbs and the car rides like it is suppose to. My wife has one complaint about the car. The passenger seat is to low for her. She is only 5'2". The electric passenger seat does not allow you to raise it. I had to buy a chair pad so she could sit a little bit higher.