2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Very Nice Car but disappointed
By randrew17 on 01/29/14 22:38 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchases the car brand new. I notice right off the lot the gas mileage was horrible. I had to be getting 16 mpg. Dealership told me to "break it in" Well now Im at 18k miles and still getting around 16-19 city, combine on highway maybe 22. Way below sticker. I have to do total highway to beat 26mpg. I once gotten 29mpg when my car was new and I took it out a 8hr round trip. If you had my car in the city and heavy traffic it's a total gas guzzler. Not happy as a new Ford Owner. Other than that the car runs fine. looks awesome, people always compliment it and fun to drive. Just now fun refueling it after around 200 miles on 12 gallons.

2013 Fusion 1.6L Echoboost W/Sync Leather etc
By markwiz on 11/25/13 11:46 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I picked up the Blue fusion with the tech package that included backup sensors and camera and the sync system. I really like the sync system. I am a technical guy so it did not intimidate me. Actually I found it very intuitive once you understand the lay out. The only issue I have is the backup sensors are flaky. They only work around 20% of the time. I will be bringing it back the the dealer to be fixed. Otherwise I really like the car. It handles great. The 2.0L engine was really nice but was out of my price range. The gas mileage is around the same as my little 2004 Pontiac Vibe. The car is very quiet on the highway. So far so good.

First Ford in 24 Years
By bigcush on 11/23/13 15:04 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We were Accord drivers for a long time but I wanted to buy American for our new car. We liked the Fusion's styling, quiet ride, and features. After driving for 3 months we absolutely love it. Not only is it quick, but the ride is so quiet it enhances the fun of driving. The car handles great and I actually like the My Ford touch system - I can easily navigate from one screen to the next no problem. Regarding fuel economy, we drive up and down a mountain everyday so I've lost track. We bought it because it has a sleek new look and really affordable. From now on, I'm a happy Fusion driver.

Ruby Red beauty
By rodendo on 10/05/13 14:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Not sure all the negative reviews aren't jealous Chevy owners. I bought my 1.6 liter SE in July and immediately took a 2000 mile road trip which was a delightful ride. The Fusion's styling inside and out is second to none in it's class. One recall recently which took a few hours, but my dealer gave me a loaner so no big deal. This is my second Fusion (traded a 2009 SEL with 75,000 miles and never in the shop for anything but routine servicing) and I know there will be a third in a few years.

Disappointing Gas Mileage
By whitecloud7 on 09/23/13 06:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After almost 5, 000 miles on my Fusion SE I'm averaging 22 MPG which is a lot lower than the rated mileage for this car by Ford. Is this going to turn into a class action suit for false advertising by Fusion owners? I drive both highway and local roads and still never saw my average mileage increase. I get better mileage from my Honda CR-V than this car. And there have been two recalls for the car since I bought it a few months ago.

Total LEMON! Buyer Beware!
By soldiermorale on 08/31/13 18:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Fusion just 10 months ago and have had nothing but problems with it. Within the 1st week of owning it, I had to take it in for computer updates because all the electronics kept shutting down. 2 months into ownership there was a recall on it and it was in the shop for 3 weeks! Last month it was in the shop because it was literally leaking gas and there were 2 more recalls on it. It was there for 2 weeks this time. Now 3 days ago, it had to be towed BACK to the dealership because everything went batty as in every alert imaginable came on. Brakes, engine, oil, engine temp, coolant. Everything went wrong and it completely shut down. I told the dealership to keep it, I'm DONE

Wow.
By jdesmond on 08/30/13 04:43 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have never been a big car fan. They have always simply provided transportation. Something however happened when I looked at the Ford Fusion. When I got in it for a test drive, I was amazed by the comfort. When I put my foot on the gas, I was impressed with the performance. The features - that make it fun to drive as well knocked my socks off. Add to this a dealership (Paul Cerame, St Louis) and salesman (Tony L.) who did not mess with me and I couldn't be happier.

Great Experience with Leased 2013 Fusion
By dmckay395 on 08/29/13 13:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my Fusion for 5 months and it has been great. Drives well, good fit and finish, quiet, great sound system and electronics. Exterior styling is excellent and gas mileage is good (averaging 25.4 miles driving mostly city). MySync is good but has had a couple of hiccups that required taking it to the dealer to get a newer version of the software installed. Dealer did the job quickly and threw in a free oil change so I was happy. Highly recommend the vehicle.

2013 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 with luxury package
By fordfan21 on 08/25/13 15:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my fusion after having a horrific 8 month long ownership with a 2013 Ford Escape 1.6. The fusion rides excellently even though it sports the optional 18 inch back rims. The car absorbs road vibrations and bumps well instead of the car jittering over road imperfection and crash over bumps like the escape. Although I no longer have myford touch I am more than satisfied with myford. I have put 1,900 miles in just over a month of ownership, which included a 1,000 road trip in which I average 31. 5 MPG going between 70-80mph, which was better than the escape. The stereo system is fantastic for just 6 speakers with good highs and surprisingly good bass. I am glad I gave Ford another shot

Dissapointed 1.6L turbo SE with prem pkg /nav
By dizzaxter on 08/15/13 15:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this car in Nov 2012 and driven 8k miles so far. The car has great styling and a comfortable ride, but the gas mileage and jerky transmission has been very dissapointing. I live in los angeles and drive a mix of both highway and local roads. My average mpg is 21.8 and that requires driving like a grandmother. My old acura 3.2tl got similar gas mileage but was much faster and enjoyable to drive. BTW, my ford touch stinks. its extremely slow, and can be distracting to operate while driving, it does not support any apps (ie yelp/pandora). On multiple occassions it has froze and required the car to be restarted to resume working.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$157 per month*