Used 2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

I Hate This Car
By jtbuchanan

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It's beautiful- don't get me wrong. But the amount of times it's been in the shop since its purchase in Nov 2012 has completely negated any value of the vehicle. I've had computer module fails, tire sensor fails, SYNC fails; recall after recall. Now I have pieces falling from the headliner, and clips coming off of the air vents. I have a rip in the carpet under the driver's side mat and a discolored leather driver's seat- neither of which Ford will cover under warranty, and both inexplicable. This is my 2nd Fusion, and I drive this one like I did the 2011- to work and school/sport functions, so there should be no reason for this car to fall apart like it has. Not for a $30,000 price tag.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Design of exterior/interior. SYNC (now that it works).

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality.

Great Features, terrible reliability
By mattj2125

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Transmission started jerking at 6,000 miles. Gas mileage not even close to advertised on window sticker. Features are out of this world for the price and the leather is great. Headliner screws keep coming loose and everything rattles in the car.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control, I don't think ill ever drive another car without it. Bluetooth music from my phone straight to the stereo. full auto down/up windows. Price for the feature set is excellent.

Suggested Improvements

The build quality is terrible. If ford doesn't improve it this will be my last ford and I will go back to Honda permantently

update: ecoboost not efficient after break in
By ak2va

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After putting 20k miles on this vehicle in almost 18 months of owning it I had to trade my Fusion Titanium in. Why? Ecoboost engine is not ready for prime time. On a pure highway trip of 300 miles, utilizing cruise control the entire way, after a recent dealer service (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) I could not break 27 MPG. In 80% city driving, from my granny of a wife, the car averaged 17 MPG and less than 300 miles/tank. On the day I traded it in, a cheap piece of plastic randomly broke off from around the sun visor as I drove onto the dealer lot. I wanted to love this car because of the sexy looks. It just couldn't live up to it's promises.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage out of a 4 cylinder vehicle

Great to drive and comfortable, with some small issues
By fusionownernj

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own a 2013 red Ford Fusion SE Automatic with the 1.6 Ecoboost engine. The car does a lot well, and drives way better than our 2012 Fusion. The engine averages well over 30 mpg on the highway, yet feels way gutsier than a 1.6 when accelerating, and it also sounds nice. The transmission works well, albeit the sport feature doesn't do much. It's nice that it comes standard with Sync, but the system doesn't always work as expected. So far, our only problem with ownership has been a fuel gauge that depletes way quicker than it should (will say it used 1/4 a tank after 10 miles). It's been to the dealer twice, and they can't figure out why it does this.

Favorite Features

My favorite features about my car are the engine, the steering, the ride quality/handling, and the seats. The interior is nice, and fit/finish is good. Definitely a long step ahead of where Fords were a few years back. However, I wouldn't say it's best in class. The steering is spot-on, very direct and weighty at higher speeds, but light and connected at lower speeds. Has good feedback too. The base stereo is also good, although I'd recommend paying extra for the sony. Having driven all 3 engines available in this car, the 2.0 is definitely the one to get for performance, but for economy, skip the 2.5 and get the 1.6! The 2.5 in my 2012 Fusion is completely gutless.

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to work on the reliability. It's not really detrimental to my ownership experience that the fuel gauge is a little off, but I know that a Honda or Toyota would not have this issue. Also, for such a big car, the back seats are pretty cramped. The trunk is enormous, too enormous I think. Personally, I think the back seat is way more useful than the trunk. I mostly put cargo in the back seat anyway, and obviously a full sized sedan needs a large backseat to transport its occupants. In the future, I'd say if Ford has to choose only one, I'd take space away from the trunk and add it to the back seat. Also, sack Microsoft already and get someone else to do Sync so it works.

Loving my Fusion
By teazby

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm really tall and I when I sit in this car I think it was made for me. It looks great, handles very well and has adequate acceleration. The most recent update for MyFord Touch fixes the bugs. Mileage has been good. I get 34-36 mpg HWY but city mileage can drop below 20mpg in short, stop and go traffic.

Favorite Features

Comfort, ride, styling and all the tech.

Suggested Improvements

I kind of miss the ambient lighting I had in my 2012 Fusion.