Used 2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

DO NOT GET ONE!
By nichole

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

These are horrible cars. We have only had ours maybe 5 months, got it used. Has 45,000 miles on it. Has transmission issues which dealer has tired to "fix" twice. They reprogrammed the pcm and did not fix the problem. Now were back in the shop with same transmission issue and this time a coolant hose broke and vehicle over heated. Did I mention It only had 45,000? Definitely stick with a Honda or Toyota. I truly feel bad for anyone else who gets one of these they are very disposable, not made to last.

troublesome
By terri

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Terrible gas mileage in winter. At least 13 recalls. Still don't have the lane warning working all the time. only once in a while. terrible service from the dealer in champaign, il. they don't believe me and i have the videos to prove when things don't work. hard to take a trip when you don't know what's going to work and not work at any given time. there's a mold smell apparently my family is the only one that can smell it despite reports online. sometimes the phone doesn't connect. one time, the whole system just shut down and went black. sometimes the ignition acts like it's not going to turn over. i could go on and on. after having a Bonneville for 13 years, i finally get a real lemon.

Transmission leaves a lot to be desired
By Ron

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased new for my wife. Tired of GM and Dodge problems and bought our 1st Ford. Love the design. I am not tall (5'7") and my wife is shorter, but you can easily nail your head on the A-post when getting into the car. Two complaints: (1) the hard shifting transmission which is beginning to cause me concerns after reading all the complaints from owners online. Main concern is internal damage with the ongoing issue. (2) Recall after recall after recall !!! That said, I regret buying this car. It is paid for and I wanted a car I could count on for years, but feel that Ford is no better than the rest of our domestic brands. So much for Consumer Reports. Too many times they rate a new car well, then a few years later the same unit is NOT RECOMMENDED. I recently purchased a used 2012 Jeep GC Laredo with AWD and the V6. Gas mileage is as good as the Fusion 2.0 turbo + it tows 5000 lbs with REAL AWD. The Ford AWD on our top of the line Fusion is really a 70:30 AWD. That being only 30% (maximum) will be transferred to the rear wheels !!! Before buying go to the iihs.org web site to check on crash tests. The new (small overlap test) has caused many to redesign their vehicles. Also go online to check on owner complaints. This Fusion was in it's first year when I bought it. No one to blame but myself. I wanted a reliable & safe car for my wife. It turns out that I would have been best served by buying a Volvo S60 AWD (now owned by CHINA !!).

Nuclear Fusion
By Frank

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is the 2013 Fusion Titanium with the 2.0 Turbo charged engine and 6 speed auto transmission. The car has been trouble free, the only item which required service other than routine maintenance is a rattle in the area of the sun roof. The dealership located the problem, a loose screw and fixed it no problem. It currently has 29,300 trouble free miles on it. We have driven it in a range of conditions and it has performed well. It gets about 32mpg on the highway and considerably less around town as my wife is a bit of a lead foot.

Poor quality
By Minten

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Many recalls. 3 car rentals. 3 door latches broken. (one came open while driving with the kids in the back seat, another I had to hold the drivers door shut for 7 miles and the last one I can't open) Both center door posts where seat belts attach rattles. Both passenger doors rattle. Rear trunk rattles. Dash rattled when new and the defroster didn't work(broken vent) Ford sync does not work about 90% of the time. Lane departure works about 25% of the time on well marked roads. Most important safety issues still unresolved.

• SUV