Used 2013 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Awesome vehicle.
By GaryT

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Didn't think I would like the car especially with a 4 cylinder, but after driving it I was very impressed.
My little brother told me about it before I went to look at a second vehicle to purchase, went to the car lot the next day and it was the first one I drove out of 5-6 different vehicles, and I ended up buying it. Although I have only had it for 1 week, I am very impressed with the vehicle overall.

Not a bad little 4-banger
By spocklives

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First of all, this is a 4cyl, and it's going to shift like a 4cyl. The difference is in the EcoBoost engine. When getting on the highway, this thing really has a lot of pep and get-up-and-go. The ride is so comfortable I've had people say it rides like a Merc, very smooth, very nice. My one major complaint is with the SYNC and Bluetooth features. They're not 100% reliable and don't work properly all the time. Mine has a tendency to get "stuck" after reading a text message and I have to switch the radio on and off again to reset it. It doesn't always hear my voice properly when telling it simple stuff like, "call dad".... did you say, call vet? Call dad..... did you say, call Frank? I don't have a funny accent either... I speak perfect English. Defeats the purpose of hands-free when I have to stop and look at my phone to find the contact I want my car to call. Yes, we're spoiled, 5 years ago this didn't exist.
The transmission sometimes has problems finding the right gear to sit in on inclines, but it's active assist on the descent saves your brakes and makes up for it.
My husband is 6'1" and 250lbs, he fits in the front seats very comfortably, not so much in the back though. I feel bad when I have to stick him back there in favor of my mother. :)
You can literally fit 9 bodies in the trunk, don't ask me how I know that.
I'm not 100% comfortable with an electronic parking brake, if that's one thing I could change on this car, that would be priority.

We Love It
By Julia R

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Would recommend the Ford Fusion to everyone.

2013 Fusion SE 1.6L Turbo ecoboost
By Jim

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall happy with the car. Pros: Drives well, roomy, solid no rattles, ok fuel mileage, good visibility, creature comforts ok. Cons: Recalls that take multiple days with no loaner vehicle, Rear brake rotors and pads need to be replaced at 34K miles and dealer says not covered under warranty (normal wear) Front aren't too far behind. Every other vehicle I've owned (6) have gotten 60k miles before replacing brakes. Chalk it up to Ford using inferior parts. Not a fan of the transmission, Not smooth and mostly due to the fact that you'll be coasting downhill and then all of a sudden the tranny shifts down to where the engine is revving 3k rpm. Feel like I'm in a big rig yanking on the jake brake. Real eventful driving in the snow when you need to slowdown and the engine is revving off the charts. Many times I throw it into neutral for better control or to simply glide better for efficiency when not in weather. I came from an accord and have to say I'll probably go back when the time comes which is a shame as I prefer to purchase USA. Mildly irritating yet tolerable.

Buy something else!
By Carly

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car( brand new) after doing my homework... Thought it would be a great investment. So I got it fully loaded seeing that I planned on having it a long time. Well two months in the problems started... Fuel system was failing. Replaced it. Then recall after recall they kept showing up. Needless to say I was starting to get annoyed. Then the horn and speaker died and check engine light kept coming on. Car only had 15,000 miles on it. Finally the damn transmission started acting up... Shifting so hard I felt like I was driving a stick shift. Took it in. They reprogrammed it.... No change. Took it in again before it started getting cold (drives even worse then) and they gutted the transmission replacing everything and fixed MORE recalls. Then the doors wouldn't lock because of bad wiring. Didn't chance it took it back. The car drove nice for all of 3 days before the hard shifting started again...not even 20,000 miles on it. Just a shame. Don't get stuck paying for this lemon people... Ford can take it back.