1.6 SE Ecoboost....fun car to drive......horrible gas mileage!!!!
By locntry on
2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I was driving a 2011 Ford Fusion SEL and once my husband & I saw the new design of the 2013, we decided to trade in my car. I put on about 40k miles on my car each year so it's imperative that I not only have a car that's comfortable to drive, but one that gets decent gas mileage. I was told we should get better gas mileage with the new smaller engine and eco boost. I averaged 28-30 mpg on my last Fusion....probably 60% highway and 40% city. I'm now averaging 25 mpg and am extremely upset with Ford. In addition, the sync, radio & bluetooth just stopped working at 1800 miles but then started again the next day. Love driving it....hate the mpg!!! Thinking of getting another car..
Favorite Features
Love the exterior of the car!
Suggested Improvements
The mileage would be the #1 place to improve on this car. How you can go backwards from your 2011 is beyond me! Change the storage areas in the dash and up front. Very strange set-up. Increase the trunk space back to where it was in the 2011 as well as the height on the trunk lid. Eliminate the edging on the leather seats as it gets caught on clothing and then is 'pulled' from where it should be.
By rpatrick1
on 02/24/13 20:50 PM (PST)

Please let me make a recommendation, i too drive 40K miles a year as a sales rep. The perfect car for you that gives you great gas mileage and extreme comfort is the Chrysler 300. The v-6 does 31 mpg hwy while the hemi which I have is reaching 25 mpg at 70mph cruising on the freeway. This is a great car, take it for a test drive and let us know what you think.

By keeganlee98
on 06/09/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

Try getting more then 5000 miles on your car. Your MPG'S will go up when every thing is broke in! :)