Used 2013 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Not a bad little 4-banger
By spocklives

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First of all, this is a 4cyl, and it's going to shift like a 4cyl. The difference is in the EcoBoost engine. When getting on the highway, this thing really has a lot of pep and get-up-and-go. The ride is so comfortable I've had people say it rides like a Merc, very smooth, very nice. My one major complaint is with the SYNC and Bluetooth features. They're not 100% reliable and don't work properly all the time. Mine has a tendency to get "stuck" after reading a text message and I have to switch the radio on and off again to reset it. It doesn't always hear my voice properly when telling it simple stuff like, "call dad".... did you say, call vet? Call dad..... did you say, call Frank? I don't have a funny accent either... I speak perfect English. Defeats the purpose of hands-free when I have to stop and look at my phone to find the contact I want my car to call. Yes, we're spoiled, 5 years ago this didn't exist.
The transmission sometimes has problems finding the right gear to sit in on inclines, but it's active assist on the descent saves your brakes and makes up for it.
My husband is 6'1" and 250lbs, he fits in the front seats very comfortably, not so much in the back though. I feel bad when I have to stick him back there in favor of my mother. :)
You can literally fit 9 bodies in the trunk, don't ask me how I know that.
I'm not 100% comfortable with an electronic parking brake, if that's one thing I could change on this car, that would be priority.

We Love It
By Julia R

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Would recommend the Ford Fusion to everyone.

troublesome
By terri

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Terrible gas mileage in winter. At least 13 recalls. Still don't have the lane warning working all the time. only once in a while. terrible service from the dealer in champaign, il. they don't believe me and i have the videos to prove when things don't work. hard to take a trip when you don't know what's going to work and not work at any given time. there's a mold smell apparently my family is the only one that can smell it despite reports online. sometimes the phone doesn't connect. one time, the whole system just shut down and went black. sometimes the ignition acts like it's not going to turn over. i could go on and on. after having a Bonneville for 13 years, i finally get a real lemon.

Terrible
By serenatexas

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a ford fusion in July 3013, Brand new, off the lot. It drove well for the first month then started having problems. I had to have the driver module replaced, the fuel pump replaced twice and every time it gets cold the car breaks down. I got it fixed yesterday, drove it for abou8t 24 hours and it broke down again. It died in an intersection and would not start again. This is the fourth time Ive had this problem. It usually starts up again after trying several times to start it but lately it refuses. I hate this car. Im trading it in for a honda or something and I dont recommend ANYONE to EVER buy [non-permissible content removed] FORD FUSION.

The car is beautifully designed and stylish but its [non-permissible content removed] mechanically.

Build a car that will last. [non-permissible content removed].

Very Nice Car but disappointed
By randrew17

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchases the car brand new. I notice right off the lot the gas mileage was horrible. I had to be getting 16 mpg. Dealership told me to "break it in" Well now Im at 18k miles and still getting around 16-19 city, combine on highway maybe 22. Way below sticker. I have to do total highway to beat 26mpg. I once gotten 29mpg when my car was new and I took it out a 8hr round trip. If you had my car in the city and heavy traffic it's a total
gas guzzler. Not happy as a new Ford Owner. Other than that the car runs fine. looks awesome, people always compliment it and fun to drive. Just now fun refueling it after around 200 miles on 12 gallons.

Please make a better fuel efficient car. Its a 2013 car should be getting better gas mileage than this.