2013 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Terrible
By serenatexas on 02/06/14 12:00 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a ford fusion in July 3013, Brand new, off the lot. It drove well for the first month then started having problems. I had to have the driver module replaced, the fuel pump replaced twice and every time it gets cold the car breaks down. I got it fixed yesterday, drove it for abou8t 24 hours and it broke down again. It died in an intersection and would not start again. This is the fourth time Ive had this problem. It usually starts up again after trying several times to start it but lately it refuses. I hate this car. Im trading it in for a honda or something and I dont recommend ANYONE to EVER buy [non-permissible content removed] FORD FUSION.

Very Nice Car but disappointed
By randrew17 on 01/29/14 22:38 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchases the car brand new. I notice right off the lot the gas mileage was horrible. I had to be getting 16 mpg. Dealership told me to "break it in" Well now Im at 18k miles and still getting around 16-19 city, combine on highway maybe 22. Way below sticker. I have to do total highway to beat 26mpg. I once gotten 29mpg when my car was new and I took it out a 8hr round trip. If you had my car in the city and heavy traffic it's a total gas guzzler. Not happy as a new Ford Owner. Other than that the car runs fine. looks awesome, people always compliment it and fun to drive. Just now fun refueling it after around 200 miles on 12 gallons.

Excellent value and great MPG
By netmike1963 on 06/23/13 12:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I replaced my 2011 Fusion with the 2013 Fusion. What a huge difference between them !! My 2011 Fusion was cramped compared to my 2013 Fusion. I now have much more legroom so long distant drives are much more comfortable. I chose the Fusion S model and with incentives, the purchased price was below $20,000.00 The color of my Fusion is Ginger Ale Metallic and I receive a lot of compliments almost daily. I bought my Fusion in April 2013 and already have over 4,000 miles on it. I am currently averaging a little over 26mpg and I truly enjoy driving it more than my previous one. The ride is so much smoother than the 2011 model.

FORD HAS A WINNER!
By rebert on 05/03/13 07:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded my 2013 Nissan Altima which was an absolute piece of crap! The Fusion is as close to perfection as any car I've ever owned. Quiet, smooth, great all around. Absolutely no complaints and hoping it'll stay that way.

Good for the money
By yak3 on 04/23/13 09:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I needed better gas mileage than my SUV and liked the design of the 13 Fusion. In heavy traffic I get aprox 22 to 24 MPG, in light traffic I get aprox 26 MPG. The Snyc system is pretty good and I love to use my phone safely and hands free but I do get some complaints from others that they hear a lot of background noise when I am talking. I'm disappointed that Ford has not come out with any Safety reviews yet. I'm hoping they come out good as I usually don't purchase a car without knowing this. I took a chance that it would be good! Biggest complaint is the passage seat is too low and there is a delay on the starter at times when I first start the car.

mpg 24
By mquero on 03/24/13 05:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

one thimg i did notice the gas gauge drops quickly and the milage meter to empty drops quickly lost sync came back on next day my car has the 1.6 ecoboost

Follow-up on gas milage after 1,000 miles
By flbntz on 01/27/13 13:52 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

14.5mpg back and forth to work 1 1/2 miles each way. Down a hill there, up a hill back. Also, cold here, let car warm up until tach drops below 1,000 rpms before engaging transmission. 30's on back roads, and highway. Not unhappy with car, just surprised. Very satisfying car to drive. Beautiful to look at. Solid. Enjoyable. Engine winds out with a performance-oriented sound. Auto trans well suited to 2.5l engine. Winds out right to redline.

2013 Ford Fusion S
By flbntz on 12/12/12 08:43 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just picked up my 2013 Ford Fusion S last night. Traded 2011 Toyota Camry Base. Two totally different cars. Toyota was easy to live with, invisible. Not quite as reliable as I expected from a Toyota, but still not a bad car. Ford Fusion is smaller, sports sedan. Wow. Excellent build quality. Solid thunk when you close the doors, or trunk. I got white, and it's a beauty. Find myself laughing when I drive it. Feel a little guilty. Haven't had this much fun since I was nineteen. Home run, Ford.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$157 per month*