Used 2013 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2013 Fusion SE 1.6L Turbo ecoboost
By Jim

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall happy with the car. Pros: Drives well, roomy, solid no rattles, ok fuel mileage, good visibility, creature comforts ok. Cons: Recalls that take multiple days with no loaner vehicle, Rear brake rotors and pads need to be replaced at 34K miles and dealer says not covered under warranty (normal wear) Front aren't too far behind. Every other vehicle I've owned (6) have gotten 60k miles before replacing brakes. Chalk it up to Ford using inferior parts. Not a fan of the transmission, Not smooth and mostly due to the fact that you'll be coasting downhill and then all of a sudden the tranny shifts down to where the engine is revving 3k rpm. Feel like I'm in a big rig yanking on the jake brake. Real eventful driving in the snow when you need to slowdown and the engine is revving off the charts. Many times I throw it into neutral for better control or to simply glide better for efficiency when not in weather. I came from an accord and have to say I'll probably go back when the time comes which is a shame as I prefer to purchase USA. Mildly irritating yet tolerable.

Buy something else!
By Carly

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car( brand new) after doing my homework... Thought it would be a great investment. So I got it fully loaded seeing that I planned on having it a long time. Well two months in the problems started... Fuel system was failing. Replaced it. Then recall after recall they kept showing up. Needless to say I was starting to get annoyed. Then the horn and speaker died and check engine light kept coming on. Car only had 15,000 miles on it. Finally the damn transmission started acting up... Shifting so hard I felt like I was driving a stick shift. Took it in. They reprogrammed it.... No change. Took it in again before it started getting cold (drives even worse then) and they gutted the transmission replacing everything and fixed MORE recalls. Then the doors wouldn't lock because of bad wiring. Didn't chance it took it back. The car drove nice for all of 3 days before the hard shifting started again...not even 20,000 miles on it. Just a shame. Don't get stuck paying for this lemon people... Ford can take it back.

Poor quality
By Minten

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Many recalls. 3 car rentals. 3 door latches broken. (one came open while driving with the kids in the back seat, another I had to hold the drivers door shut for 7 miles and the last one I can't open) Both center door posts where seat belts attach rattles. Both passenger doors rattle. Rear trunk rattles. Dash rattled when new and the defroster didn't work(broken vent) Ford sync does not work about 90% of the time. Lane departure works about 25% of the time on well marked roads. Most important safety issues still unresolved.

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid From hell
By Artur Hovsepian

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

What can i really say to sum this all up...

Worst car i have ever owned.

- I had to take this car in to the dealership at 999 miles and have probably been back to the dealership 40 times ( now at 36k miles). So many build quality issues, servicing issues, Recalls and just in general things either falling apart or the wrong parts being used from the manufacturer.

I had to take my car in the first week because of Build quality issues. The panels were not sitting properly, the Rear window of the car was warped and needed to be replaced, the cars trunk was not aligned properly with the rest of the car.... NOTHING Was aesthetically pleasing.

This was my first American car and it will be my last. I Do not understand how I can have so many recalls and so many visits to the dealership with problems. They break things, Cause check engine lights, take a week to make any repair and always have the worst customer service skills.

Great Car
By allanj60

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 1.6 Fusion exactly 2 years ago and have only 6,000 miles on it. We are in our mid-seventies and do mostly local driving and very little highway diving. We get just over 18 mpg.

The car is very comfortable and quiet with great handing.

Rein-sensing wipers. Audio. Controls. Back-up camera. (Wish we had bought the other safety devices).

None