Used 2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great Car
By allanj60

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 1.6 Fusion exactly 2 years ago and have only 6,000 miles on it. We are in our mid-seventies and do mostly local driving and very little highway diving. We get just over 18 mpg. The car is very comfortable and quiet with great handing.

Favorite Features

Rein-sensing wipers. Audio. Controls. Back-up camera. (Wish we had bought the other safety devices).

Suggested Improvements

None

2013 AWD Ford Fusion Titanium
By andgan

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall this is a very reliable car. It performs well in all kinds of conditions. Once you figure out the car's quirks, they are not that bad. I am a sales rep and drive about 55,000 miles per year. I have had my car since June 2013 and it has over 80,000 miles. It has the original brakes. The original tires needed to be changed at 50K. The car has push button start. It is the only thing on the car that failed that I would consider outside normal maintenance/wear-tear. The dealership had to fix this. Don't buy this car if you expect superior fuel economy. I drive 80% highway. I average 23.7 miles per gallon.

Favorite Features

1. This car handles great. It is really fun to drive on tight winding roads. 2. When I heard it only had a 2.0 liter engine I was skeptical. The Eco Boost works awesome. This car has no problem passing. 3. My smart phone works perfectly with the car's blue tooth/entertainment system.

Suggested Improvements

1. Loading the trunk is a challenge. If you don't hold the trunk open it tends to close itself, especially on a windy day. 2. The navigation system resets itself for maintenance about every 3 months. This always seems to happen when I need the system the most. 3. My wife does not think the leather bucket front passenger seat is comfortable. 4. Two of my sons are over 6'3". There is very limited head room in the back. 5. Another navigation problem...When you set a destination it works great. Here's the problem, if you shut the car off and then turn it back on the system comes up with a completely different way of getting to the desired destination.

Just an EXCELLENT car!!
By mc929

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I currently have 29100 miles on this car. I am the type of person that cannot stand any types of rattles or body shake when the road becomes uneven. This car even after almost 30,000 miles feels like it is cut from one piece of stone! Just solid!! Brakes are excellent and still have almost 50% left on the pads. Handling is excellent! Ride is smooth with amazingly little road noise, wind noise, or engine noise! Just a quiet ride! The 2.0 ecoboost is excellent and has been averaging 27.7 mpg combined! Car has not been into shop once for anything other than scheduled maintenance. So for me reliability for me has been excellent!

Favorite Features

Eco-boost motor delivers excellent fuel economy while at the same time providing lots of power when needed. Little to no turbo lag from this amazing little motor. Solid body with no rattles or shaking! Little to no road or wind noise! Amazingly quiet car! Seats are extremely comfortable, and by far some of the best seats I have ever sat in.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system is lacking in crisp clean sound quality. Rear passenger room lacking.

Best car I've ever owned overall
By boboston

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded an '06 Ford Five Hundred for the '13 Fusion. I wanted a slightly smaller car with sportier handling and better gas mileage. I looked at and drove the Honda Accord, Mazda 6 and Nissan Altima while I was shopping. I settled on the Fusion due to its styling, and ideal (to me) combination of responsive handling, great ride and interior quiet. The other cars I drove are great choices, to me the Fusion was ideal. Outside of a recall, I've had no problems with the car. T

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, ride, seat comfort, quiet, fun to drive, styling, build quality.

Suggested Improvements

MyFord Touch interface needs to be more user friendly.

40K, Love, Hate, Love
By kraynlex

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 40K I can say that I generally I like the vehicle. I take issue with the alignment of (or lack of) with the trunk, rear taillights and exterior pillars (all of them). The transmission can be erratic as well. That said, I have not had any major issues, not even with Sync. I travel a lot and rent a variety of cars. The best testament to the Fusion I can give-I fall in love with it every time I get back in it, only to hate it in a few weeks, only to love it again after driving all the other crap. It is the best crap on the road as far as sedans go.

Favorite Features

Interior, technology, style

Suggested Improvements

Have Ford engineers do a study on design gap & fit tolerances and apply them!