2013 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
I Hate This Car
By jtbuchanan on 09/15/14 07:15 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It's beautiful- don't get me wrong. But the amount of times it's been in the shop since its purchase in Nov 2012 has completely negated any value of the vehicle. I've had computer module fails, tire sensor fails, SYNC fails; recall after recall. Now I have pieces falling from the headliner, and clips coming off of the air vents. I have a rip in the carpet under the driver's side mat and a discolored leather driver's seat- neither of which Ford will cover under warranty, and both inexplicable. This is my 2nd Fusion, and I drive this one like I did the 2011- to work and school/sport functions, so there should be no reason for this car to fall apart like it has. Not for a $30,000 price tag.

Great Features, terrible reliability
By mattj2125 on 08/24/14 10:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Transmission started jerking at 6,000 miles. Gas mileage not even close to advertised on window sticker. Features are out of this world for the price and the leather is great. Headliner screws keep coming loose and everything rattles in the car.

update: ecoboost not efficient after break in
By ak2va on 08/08/14 02:50 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After putting 20k miles on this vehicle in almost 18 months of owning it I had to trade my Fusion Titanium in. Why? Ecoboost engine is not ready for prime time. On a pure highway trip of 300 miles, utilizing cruise control the entire way, after a recent dealer service (oil change, tire rotation, etc.) I could not break 27 MPG. In 80% city driving, from my granny of a wife, the car averaged 17 MPG and less than 300 miles/tank. On the day I traded it in, a cheap piece of plastic randomly broke off from around the sun visor as I drove onto the dealer lot. I wanted to love this car because of the sexy looks. It just couldn't live up to it's promises.

Great to drive and comfortable, with some small issues
By fusionownernj on 07/09/14 15:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own a 2013 red Ford Fusion SE Automatic with the 1.6 Ecoboost engine. The car does a lot well, and drives way better than our 2012 Fusion. The engine averages well over 30 mpg on the highway, yet feels way gutsier than a 1.6 when accelerating, and it also sounds nice. The transmission works well, albeit the sport feature doesn't do much. It's nice that it comes standard with Sync, but the system doesn't always work as expected. So far, our only problem with ownership has been a fuel gauge that depletes way quicker than it should (will say it used 1/4 a tank after 10 miles). It's been to the dealer twice, and they can't figure out why it does this.

Loving my Fusion
By teazby on 05/22/14 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm really tall and I when I sit in this car I think it was made for me. It looks great, handles very well and has adequate acceleration. The most recent update for MyFord Touch fixes the bugs. Mileage has been good. I get 34-36 mpg HWY but city mileage can drop below 20mpg in short, stop and go traffic.

Do no buy this car!
By megc85 on 05/21/14 09:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my car for just over a year 2013 Ford Fusion SE and it has spent 3 months in total in the shop. My pre delivery was messed up and no antifreeze was added. I have since had the heater core replaced and I now have antifreeze in my engine oil. My main computer control module had to be replaced and this is what took most of the 3 months as Ford had to rewrite the software because there were so many issues initially. Granted I had a loaner car, I was mortified it took this long! And the first time my car came out of the shop I had a crack split the whole way across the wind sheild as there was a tool dropped on it.... obviously never to be replaced by the dealership

Don't buy a Fusion Energi
By hermanator1 on 05/13/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven my Fusion energi for 3000 miles. I have had one flat and two sidewall tire failures , caused by BRUSHING curbs in parking lots. OF COURSE NO SPARE. Many hours waiting for road service and over $700 spent. This car cannot be driven anywhere safely. Unlike other manufacturers no compact spare is available and a full size spare will not fit in trunk. Obviously Ford has not considered customer convience or safety. Never get vehicle with no spare tire

Base Hit No Home Run
By g0west on 04/17/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The redesigned Fusion is a well-executed sedan with a few shortcomings that can't be ignored. It does the most important things well: a supremely comfortable ride, an invigorating drivetrain, and looks that strangers still comment on. The shopping was over when I drove the Fusion. I still like it after one year of ownership, but it has some annoyances (see below) that buyers should be aware of.

2013 Fusion - Have you had this experience?
By fusion_2013 on 03/16/14 11:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2013 Fusion SE June 2013. In Feb 2014, at 7,500 mi. the engine light came on. First fix was to replace the transmission (??) because Eco-boost engine design caused over-heating. 3 days later engine light came on. Faulty igniter coil (??) was the cause this time & replaced. 2 days later engine light came on. Engine needs to be replaced (!!??) due to initial over-heating problem; engine either "warped" or cracked. It's the Ides of March; I've been waiting for my car for 2 weeks. I'm supposed to get it back in 2 days; the following day, I'm driving it from Albuq NM to LA CA. I will let you know if I make it back w/ no issues. Wish me luck.

SE 2.0 w/luxury package 6 month update
By fordfan21 on 02/10/14 07:38 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After just over 6 months of ownership and more than 11,500 miles on the ODO, I am still a proud fusion owner. Lifetime MPG average is 28.2 which is over the EPA combined rating of 26 MPG. The exterior is holding up well as far as paint and trim. Although around 6,600 miles the clear coat on my factory black 18in rims began to peal off in chucks. The dealer replaced all four rims and so far so good. Seat comfort lends to hours of HWY driving, while also holding one in place while driving spiritedly. Everything thus far is mechanically sound and brake and tire wear are holding steady. The interior is also holding up well. I highly recommend this car for purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$157 per month*