2013 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Base Hit … No Home Run
By g0west on 04/17/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The redesigned Fusion is a well-executed sedan with a few shortcomings that can't be ignored. It does the most important things well: a supremely comfortable ride, an invigorating drivetrain, and looks that strangers still comment on. The shopping was over when I drove the Fusion. I still like it after one year of ownership, but it has some annoyances (see below) that buyers should be aware of.

2013 Fusion - Have you had this experience?
By fusion_2013 on 03/16/14 11:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a new 2013 Fusion SE June 2013. In Feb 2014, at 7,500 mi. the engine light came on. First fix was to replace the transmission (??) because Eco-boost engine design caused over-heating. 3 days later engine light came on. Faulty igniter coil (??) was the cause this time & replaced. 2 days later engine light came on. Engine needs to be replaced (!!??) due to initial over-heating problem; engine either "warped" or cracked. It's the Ides of March; I've been waiting for my car for 2 weeks. I'm supposed to get it back in 2 days; the following day, I'm driving it from Albuq NM to LA CA. I will let you know if I make it back w/ no issues. Wish me luck.

SE 2.0 w/luxury package 6 month update
By fordfan21 on 02/10/14 07:38 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After just over 6 months of ownership and more than 11,500 miles on the ODO, I am still a proud fusion owner. Lifetime MPG average is 28.2 which is over the EPA combined rating of 26 MPG. The exterior is holding up well as far as paint and trim. Although around 6,600 miles the clear coat on my factory black 18in rims began to peal off in chucks. The dealer replaced all four rims and so far so good. Seat comfort lends to hours of HWY driving, while also holding one in place while driving spiritedly. Everything thus far is mechanically sound and brake and tire wear are holding steady. The interior is also holding up well. I highly recommend this car for purchase.

Terrible
By serenatexas on 02/06/14 12:00 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a ford fusion in July 3013, Brand new, off the lot. It drove well for the first month then started having problems. I had to have the driver module replaced, the fuel pump replaced twice and every time it gets cold the car breaks down. I got it fixed yesterday, drove it for abou8t 24 hours and it broke down again. It died in an intersection and would not start again. This is the fourth time Ive had this problem. It usually starts up again after trying several times to start it but lately it refuses. I hate this car. Im trading it in for a honda or something and I dont recommend ANYONE to EVER buy [non-permissible content removed] FORD FUSION.

Very Nice Car but disappointed
By randrew17 on 01/29/14 22:38 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchases the car brand new. I notice right off the lot the gas mileage was horrible. I had to be getting 16 mpg. Dealership told me to "break it in" Well now Im at 18k miles and still getting around 16-19 city, combine on highway maybe 22. Way below sticker. I have to do total highway to beat 26mpg. I once gotten 29mpg when my car was new and I took it out a 8hr round trip. If you had my car in the city and heavy traffic it's a total gas guzzler. Not happy as a new Ford Owner. Other than that the car runs fine. looks awesome, people always compliment it and fun to drive. Just now fun refueling it after around 200 miles on 12 gallons.

2013 Fusion 1.6L Echoboost W/Sync Leather etc
By markwiz on 11/25/13 11:46 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I picked up the Blue fusion with the tech package that included backup sensors and camera and the sync system. I really like the sync system. I am a technical guy so it did not intimidate me. Actually I found it very intuitive once you understand the lay out. The only issue I have is the backup sensors are flaky. They only work around 20% of the time. I will be bringing it back the the dealer to be fixed. Otherwise I really like the car. It handles great. The 2.0L engine was really nice but was out of my price range. The gas mileage is around the same as my little 2004 Pontiac Vibe. The car is very quiet on the highway. So far so good.

First Ford in 24 Years
By bigcush on 11/23/13 15:04 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We were Accord drivers for a long time but I wanted to buy American for our new car. We liked the Fusion's styling, quiet ride, and features. After driving for 3 months we absolutely love it. Not only is it quick, but the ride is so quiet it enhances the fun of driving. The car handles great and I actually like the My Ford touch system - I can easily navigate from one screen to the next no problem. Regarding fuel economy, we drive up and down a mountain everyday so I've lost track. We bought it because it has a sleek new look and really affordable. From now on, I'm a happy Fusion driver.

Ruby Red beauty
By rodendo on 10/05/13 14:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Not sure all the negative reviews aren't jealous Chevy owners. I bought my 1.6 liter SE in July and immediately took a 2000 mile road trip which was a delightful ride. The Fusion's styling inside and out is second to none in it's class. One recall recently which took a few hours, but my dealer gave me a loaner so no big deal. This is my second Fusion (traded a 2009 SEL with 75,000 miles and never in the shop for anything but routine servicing) and I know there will be a third in a few years.

Disappointing Gas Mileage
By whitecloud7 on 09/23/13 06:14 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After almost 5, 000 miles on my Fusion SE I'm averaging 22 MPG which is a lot lower than the rated mileage for this car by Ford. Is this going to turn into a class action suit for false advertising by Fusion owners? I drive both highway and local roads and still never saw my average mileage increase. I get better mileage from my Honda CR-V than this car. And there have been two recalls for the car since I bought it a few months ago.

Total LEMON! Buyer Beware!
By soldiermorale on 08/31/13 18:44 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 Fusion just 10 months ago and have had nothing but problems with it. Within the 1st week of owning it, I had to take it in for computer updates because all the electronics kept shutting down. 2 months into ownership there was a recall on it and it was in the shop for 3 weeks! Last month it was in the shop because it was literally leaking gas and there were 2 more recalls on it. It was there for 2 weeks this time. Now 3 days ago, it had to be towed BACK to the dealership because everything went batty as in every alert imaginable came on. Brakes, engine, oil, engine temp, coolant. Everything went wrong and it completely shut down. I told the dealership to keep it, I'm DONE

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Fusion in WA is:

$203 per month*