What can i really say to sum this all up...
Worst car i have ever owned.
- I had to take this car in to the dealership at 999 miles and have probably been back to the dealership 40 times ( now at 36k miles). So many build quality issues, servicing issues, Recalls and just in general things either falling apart or the wrong parts being used from the manufacturer.
I had to take my car in the first week because of Build quality issues. The panels were not sitting properly, the Rear window of the car was warped and needed to be replaced, the cars trunk was not aligned properly with the rest of the car.... NOTHING Was aesthetically pleasing.
This was my first American car and it will be my last. I Do not understand how I can have so many recalls and so many visits to the dealership with problems. They break things, Cause check engine lights, take a week to make any repair and always have the worst customer service skills.
We bought our 1.6 Fusion exactly 2 years ago and have only 6,000 miles on it. We are in our mid-seventies and do mostly local driving and very little highway diving. We get just over 18 mpg.
The car is very comfortable and quiet with great handing.
Rein-sensing wipers. Audio. Controls. Back-up camera. (Wish we had bought the other safety devices).
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan AWD w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Overall this is a very reliable car. It performs well in all kinds of conditions. Once you figure out the car's quirks, they are not that bad. I am a sales rep and drive about 55,000 miles per year. I have had my car since June 2013 and it has over 80,000 miles. It has the original brakes. The original tires needed to be changed at 50K. The car has push button start. It is the only thing on the car that failed that I would consider outside normal maintenance/wear-tear. The dealership had to fix this. Don't buy this car if you expect superior fuel economy. I drive 80% highway. I average 23.7 miles per gallon.
1. This car handles great. It is really fun to drive on tight winding roads.
2. When I heard it only had a 2.0 liter engine I was skeptical. The Eco Boost works awesome. This car has no problem passing.
3. My smart phone works perfectly with the car's blue tooth/entertainment system.
1. Loading the trunk is a challenge. If you don't hold the trunk open it tends to close itself, especially on a windy day.
2. The navigation system resets itself for maintenance about every 3 months. This always seems to happen when I need the system the most.
3. My wife does not think the leather bucket front passenger seat is comfortable.
4. Two of my sons are over 6'3". There is very limited head room in the back.
5. Another navigation problem...When you set a destination it works great. Here's the problem, if you shut the car off and then turn it back on the system comes up with a completely different way of getting to the desired destination.
2013 Ford Fusion Titanium 4dr Sedan w/EcoBoost (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I currently have 29100 miles on this car. I am the type of person that cannot stand any types of rattles or body shake when the road becomes uneven. This car even after almost 30,000 miles feels like it is cut from one piece of stone! Just solid!! Brakes are excellent and still have almost 50% left on the pads. Handling is excellent! Ride is smooth with amazingly little road noise, wind noise, or engine noise! Just a quiet ride! The 2.0 ecoboost is excellent and has been averaging 27.7 mpg combined! Car has not been into shop once for anything other than scheduled maintenance. So for me reliability for me has been excellent!
Eco-boost motor delivers excellent fuel economy while at the same time providing lots of power when needed. Little to no turbo lag from this amazing little motor. Solid body with no rattles or shaking! Little to no road or wind noise! Amazingly quiet car! Seats are extremely comfortable, and by far some of the best seats I have ever sat in.
Sound system is lacking in crisp clean sound quality. Rear passenger room lacking.