The Great Disappointment
By shutupnrock8 on
2012 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I'm not one to sugar coat a review, so I'll get right to the point and the reasoning behind the title of my review. I have been an owner of a 2012 Ford Fusion SE for about 5 months now, and needless to say I have very strong mixed feelings about it. Being the first sedan I was going to own, previously owning a 2000 Chrysler Voyager, I wanted a new roomy, sleek, and fuel efficient sedan in which I was pleased at first with the Fusion. After driving for awhile, I've noticed that I've been going to the pump almost twice as much as my Chrysler. I have done two extensive tests to find out my Fusion is only getting a combined 15.5 MPG. This on top of other nagging issues is making me very unhappy.
Favorite Features
Comfortable and roomy interior, stylish exterior
Suggested Improvements
An estimated MPG gauge or meter on the dashboard
By rgoolsby
on 02/17/14 17:09 PM (PST)

Being that this review is now well over a year old, I'd hope your gas mileage has improved. Frequently it takes time for engine break-in and until that happens, mileage may be all over the map. I have a 2012 SEL w/60k+ miles on it, the 3.0 engine and AWD. I did several hundred miles of combined city, freeway and highway driving over the past weekend and netted over 25 MPG. For a car this size, I'm pleased.

By tromatized
on 08/07/13 20:42 PM (PDT)

15.5 mpg? Something is either wrong with your calculations, or there is something wrong with the car... unless you have a 3.5 all wheel drive instead of a front wheel drive 2.5.