2012 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Great Car but needed a new eng

2012 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

2012 Ford Fusion

SEL Sedan (3.0L V6 FFV AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great Car but needed a new engine at 1100 miles
By tx_fcory on

2012 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new 2012 Ford Fusion V6 3.0L, on January 7th 2012. In the first 30 days, My engine starts ticking once it warms up, the radiator fan squeels when you turn off the engine and the back passenger window would take a long time to roll back up. I took it into the local Ford dealership and they told me I needed a new radiator fan, a new motor for the power window and that the factory installed the wrong lifters in my engine and they would need to replace them. (They called Ford Technical Advisors) I was a little concerned with the assessment but told them to go ahead and fix the issues. The next day they called and said I also needed a new engine.

The entire car was great. Don't know if I just got a lemon but if you hear a ticking sound after the car warms up, you may need a new engine also. I would take it into the dealer and have it checked out.

The Dealership service has been great but for Ford Corporate, not so good. I have read the warranty section where it states FORD is not responsible for rental cars but c'mon, I've only had the car 40 days and need a new engine because the factory installed the wrong lifters and you are wanting to use my 3rd party ext warranty to pay for the rental? Ford finally agreed to pay for the rental and I have to give them 3 chances to fix any issues before I can file a Lemon law case against them. I get the car back tomorrow and hope it runs, looks, smells, and feels brand new again......fingers crossed.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By drjjjj
on 03/30/12 15:15 PM (PDT)

A great car doesn't need a new engine @ 1100 miles FYI! Made in Mexico! Buy American-Toyota,etc!

By technomaster
on 05/08/12 21:18 PM (PDT)

thats alright.way better then a toyota by far.toyotas are worse and cheap looking and they all look the same plus toyotas have problems with there engineering issues with everything.