2012 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Ford Fusion SEL 2012 FLAWS

2012 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

Ford Fusion SEL 2012 FLAWS
By r5b on

2012 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased a new 2012 SEL Fusion in late August 2012. An unsavory neighbor got a hold of my keyless entry card. She has the master code. My car was used nightly by this woman as her hangout and smoke den. Ford told me you can change the codes and add codes BUT "the master code NEVER CHANGES" anotherwards some scum bag can always get in my car because she has the main keyless entry code. I had to pay 499.00 out of pocket December 6th, 2012 to replace the module and get a new code. Ford kept the old one??? and by the way the battery was virtually dead. Thankfully that was replaced under warranty free of charge. Talk about disgusted with FORD. The transmission sucks. Ford makes CRAP still!

The color, metallic red with tan leather interior. The air and heat is far too loud to enjoy hearing the radio. The controls are to low. I am surprised that there are not more accidents in this vehicle. Thank God I lease so I can get rid of this within 2 years.

Controls too low, would make higher. Heat and air switch too noisy, quieter would be better. Air takes too long to kick in. Keyless code my biggest problem. If the code falls into the wrong hands there is no help for the owner of the vehicle. I had to spend 499.00 for a new module when the old one was perfectly fine just because some dirt bag stole mine and used my car as her hang out and gave it to her friends so I hate keyless entry and I am disturbed that Ford engineers would create such a problem for the consumer buying their product. We have always beena Ford family but I am going to VW when my lease in up. GLEEFULLY." Shame on you Ford!